Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, then I’m sorry I took it that way. it’s late here and i’m a little distracted! As old internet hands will tell you, it’s easy to appear snippy on a messageboard. I guess in principle to avoid these misunderstandings it’s often wise to rephrase carefully, or add something positive so a correction doesn’t get taken the wrong way. I hope you do contribute more.

It’s a nice bottle and I beileve this would be a great taste but no matter the year its not really a good deal. Can we just move on.

Just finished a bottle of the Raddog, the Pinot from the most controversial wine.woot ever. Still not drunk enough to throw $50+ on a single bottle. I’m sure this is great stuff, just out of my price range…

Uh,silly me - do you need a labrat for this one??

A little heavy for a relative newcomer to be picking on a veteran wine.wooter like that. This forum is generally a bit more civilized than the juvie.woot forum.
FYI,in case you don’t know it, there can be vast differences from year to year in wine characteristics.
Furthermore, CT ratings are notoriously unreliable.

Yes, by all means he should be careful not to offend your delicate sensibilities with a simple statement of fact.

You, on the other hand, should feel free to flame away and then offer back-handed apologies while feigning some sort of internet-savy-superiority.

Thanks for that reply. All is good now… I hope.
Both of you are valuable posters here.
:slight_smile:

So how is the Raddog?
That was a great woot rage, in it from beginning to end.
cheers!
rk

I love love love…anonymous blogging!

almost as I love good wine.
PS: my description of a “good wine:”
A wine (preferably a deep, red wine -full bodied, and something that immediately makes you feel as though you’ve had an orgasm…) …well I guess that about says it…

"Flavors: Deep, succulent Mt. Veeder fruit drives this Cabernet, underlain with signature black currant, pencil lead, cocoa, cedar and spicy mineral notes. Tannins are refined and supple, adding weight to the mid-palate. "

Mmmmm, pencil lead!

thank you Papa Smurf (that must be you!) I don’t think either of us intended any serious slight, and we’ll pass on, ignoring any boisterous oiks and cantankerous trolls who try to stick their oar in and cause trouble.

Back to the wine, now I’ve had a look at the 05 and 06 reviews. This must be a very good wine for them to think we’d go for a $50 bottle. From reviews I can’t see it being THAT much better than what we can get for $25-30 like the Ty or that Corizon one I missed.

I almost want to buy just because he looks like such a likeable guy in his picture. :slight_smile:

Grapes from Mount Veeder make beautiful, beautiful wine. However this is a little too pricey for a impulse buy at a single bottle for me.

well said

Just hold a landscaping party during the day and a wine tasting party that night with all the wonderful wine you have. You’ll end up thanking WD for all the money that he’ll end up saving you. :tongue:

It was quite tasty. I’ll probably save the other two bottles for the summer. I am pleased!

im sensing a pattern with the wine.woot listings and if I were to put a dollar on it, the next offering will not be wine. that being said, im usually wrong when I wager.

Cheers

FIELD!

Seems like a tough sell following Corison. Different style, undoubtedly, but really worth 50% more? I don’t know that there’s much logic in pricing once you get into this $40+ range. Why not $35 or $55?

Oh I hope not…that damn poster took so long to clear! I’m looking for a nice multi-bottle offering in the $30-$45 range.