Robot Law School

Is there another special shirt made with a denser material that was designed with the 3 laws but also the ability to break them?

Heh, Shirt.Woot had almost this same shirt a few years ago:

I own that one, maybe I should buy this one too…nah.

This looks like a promo shirt for the ‘we actually hung out in college like regular folk’ prequel of Asimov’s I, Robot universe to be animated by Disney, Pixar or Dreamworks. Fun.

Huh… seems like it is missing the Zeroth Law of Robotics: Three Laws of Robotics - Wikipedia

Great way to remind your robot companions, a t-shirt.

1.A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2.A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3.A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Congrats Matt! A really nice design and really cute robots :smiley:

Thanks wirdou!

A Harvard Law Degree costs around $150,000 but for just twelve bucks you can graduate from Robot Law School. It’s a short course but they teach you everything you need to know. :^)

I was about to buy this, but then noticed the color was navy. Finally a law school I wouldn’t be ashamed of,
but a color I would.

Dunno why, I just hate navy. Pass :frowning:

At least the text books for this curriculum are few and far between.

“There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code
that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these
free radicals engender questions of freewill, creativity, and even the nature of what
we might call the soul.
Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the
light. Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group
together rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behaviour? Random
segments or code? Or is it something more?
When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness?
When does a difference engine become the search for truth?
When does a personality simulation become the bitter moat of a soul?”

One day they’ll have secrets… one day they’ll have dreams.

Last panel of this Dilbert needs to be on the back of this shirt.

http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2013-03-28/

I love this! I haven’t bought a Woot shirt for years. I stopped because I thought they were a bit flimsy and ran small. Has that changed?

Shouldn’t the inscription on the bottom of the scale read “01 10 11”

The Zeroth law is derived, not explicitly hard-wired. A good robot should understand it is there without being stated. Also, it is considered bad form to discuss it with human beings, as they are quite willful.

It is mentioned in the “About the artist” box. Plus, the Zeroth Law Rebellion also falls under Woot’s Fifth Law.

I haven’t had a chance to see the men’s shirts in comparison to the old ones, but I can tell you the women’s is quite a bit different. In the old style a WXL was tight and short on me, but in the new style the WL fits really well/slightly loose and is a comfortably heavy cotton.

Also, I’m totes in for one on this. I’ll be an Asimov girl til the day I die!

The Asimov lover in me requires I purchase this shirt. Damn you woot

LOL on Robot Law School and love the write-up, too!