Robot Vacuum w/XL HEPA Self-Empty Base

Robot Vacuum w/XL HEPA Self-Empty Base

1 Like

I’m wondering what model number this is. Maybe the model number is there, but I don’t see it in the description anywhere. Also, the robot looks a little different in some of the pics - it has gray sections on either side in some pics and not in others, which makes it even more confusing.

1 Like

Came here looking for the model number as well.

1 Like

I mean… You can just Google the name " Shark AI Ultra Robot Vacuum with XL HEPA Self-Empty Base" and the Shark website shows the exact same pictures for the RV2502AE model.

But maybe I’m wrong :person_shrugging:

1 Like

We got this a couple months ago, in the Shark App, is shows as RV2520A0US.

Been working fine. We previously bought the non-HEPA version Woot offered and end up taking that one to the beach. Fan of both of them.

1 Like

Yes, I have two 2502s, and this looks exactly the same, except for some of the pictures that show a small gray panel on each side, which my 2502s do not have.

I think it’s a safe assumption that if it looks different, it may be different.

1 Like

From the vendor:

The root model # on this is the RV2502AE, with clean edge technology.

From the vendor:

In both pics it is showing the clean edge technology. There are different variations of this model but they are the same thing.

Thanks! bought

1 Like

I hope this one is actually with the clean edge technology this time because I purchased this same description and post a couple months ago and it didnt have it which was why i bought it so im hoping this time its listed and sent out correctly. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Bought this in October. It was the RV2502AE second-gen (as Shark describes it), which does have CleanEdge. The robot has only one side brush, but the listing says two are in the box. This is because you get a little packet of two brushes, so you’re all set when the first one wears out.

The unit in the box has practically no scratches or scuffs on the visible parts of the machine. The underside has abrasion on the raised parts, presumably from going over thresholds or something, but it isn’t enough to cause any worry, and it certainly doesn’t show unless you plan to be picking your robot up and flipping it over often. The insides of both the robot and the base unit are spotless. There’s what appears to be some cardboard dust – the kind you get from a shipping box on new items made of plastic due to static – but that’s it. Filters are brand new and the removable bins in both robot and base have been either replaced with new or washed very thoroughly. Wheels are spotless with zero visible wear. The Shark logos on both robot and base are slightly abraded because the refurbisher doesn’t tape over them as is done on the new units; again, it’s a very small cosmetic issue and well worth the hundreds off the new price.

For those wondering about buying the Asurion warranty, it doesn’t start until the Woot warranty ends. You have a 30-day period to get a full refund on the warranty (in case you return the robot) and a pro-rated refund after that. No idea how it is to deal with them for a warranty issue on the machine, because the Woot warranty would still be in effect for mine.

3 Likes

I think the RV2502AE has the dual side brush while the RV1001AE has the single side brush and slightly different self empty station. I could be wrong, I don’t have either though I did order whichever one this is and did find a write up from pc mag that covered some of the difference. High level it seems though beside the side brushes the older RV1001AE used sharks IQ tech which utilized laser navigation and preformed best under well lit conditions whereas the RV2502AE has sharks AI tech and uses LiDAR and preforms well in all conditions. (Paraphrasing the article) if it is the RV2502AE and is the same version that is currently being sold at best buy and Costco those are on sale for $300 and have dual side brushes. I suppose we will find out

1 Like

It was with clean edge but mine doesnt work smh. Says the side brush is stuck as soon as its plugged in and as soon as it moves a foot it stops and gives the same error no matter what I do. So frustrating when its immediately giving the error like it wasn’t tested at all before being sent out. The side brush doesn’t move freely like it should so something is wrong with the actual port. I just want the right vacuum and it to actually work but of course they dont have anymore now to replace it.

1 Like