Robot Vacuums Will One Day Rule the World

This is a neato deal!

I love my Neato (XV-14, went with it because it’s blue). I had some problems at first with it having to return for a charge so much, but after several runs it now goes 45 mins to an hour on a single charge.

This is a great deal considering it comes with the Pet & Allergy filter/beater bar. This is usually the typical price for the Neato alone but then you would have to buy the Pet & Allergy kit separately for $60!

If you’re on the fence between this and Roomba, I say go for this! It cleans in a more normal pattern and doesn’t have as many parts to clean (or to become randomly broken). Much more powerful vacuum in it as well.

+1 on this breakdown. I have an XV-11 with pet/allergy kit and it works great. Everything I read is that the it’s functionally identical to the XV-21 with this kit and firmware updated (quick process done with an included cable that plugs into your PC).

Also, to my eyes (in photos and in person), it’s dark gray and I cannot detect a greenish hue (IMO I like this better than the purple/light gray ones).

While the XV-12 gets you the 4 spare orange filters, I’d prefer to just stick to the purple pet filters as they are markedly better. I have 3 purple in rotation and they clean up nicely with a shop-vac (I’ve heard some will rinse these out and dry them to eek a few more months out of a filter, but I’ve yet to go that far). The original orange filters are long gone.

Finally, my one gripe about the Neato is it loses it’s time if it loses charge completely (something that can happen if you have it run upstairs away from the base station and don’t get it re-docked until late evening). This in turn will cause it to not follow it’s schedule until the time is reset. A backup watch battery that would last for years would have solved this problem.

That aside, been very satisfied with our Neato after 1 year of ownership.

Pulled the trigger on the XV11. I had a roomba that died and have been looking for a decent replacement since. Hope this sucker is worth the cash!

:frowning: Already dead. Left wheel is stuck. Asks to clear left wheel only nothing to clear. Was going over ceramic floor with no rugs. Was a great vac.

Support looks good sending new unit out before this one is returned. They did not have it in stock and offered the xv-14 blue or the xv-? white as a replacement. I opted for the white that is sold only at Target. If I had it to do over @ woot’s price I might get 2 of them. They are just that awesome. And yes mine died on day 7 of ownership. It’s like loosing a hand. I just don’t know how I ever lived without it! The new one better live for a reasonable life span.

My 2nd replacement is due this weekend. That will be my 3rd device. 1st had a wheel lock up.
2nd had a charging issue. After a few days it just cycled on/off constantly.

Just hope this unit is not a lemon. What are the odds?

Mine died last week. Error 3000 vision block. After numerous calls back and forth, I should be getting a new unit soon.

I bought a Roomba on Woot which died right after it fell out of warranty. I had already replaced several parts. I do love robot vacuums, but do any of them last?

I hope the woot stock is the same quality as those sold in the stores…

To replace the new unit I purchased, Neato sent me a “refurbished” cleaner. Worked ok for a while, then it would lose it’s charge after 10 minutes of cleaning. Neato sent me a new battery pack, which didn’t fix the issue. I recently found that this company has changed over their call center and no longer have client history files. I was told a supervisor would contact me, which never happened. Woot and it’s products used to be good. My Woot experience with this and other recent purchases has taken a dive.

Final update-I just received my refund check from Neato. The third unit they sent me was DOA right out of the box. I’m a bit sad, as when I could get one to work, it was excellent! Oh well, back to Roomba