Robots: Housework Minons

I have not received anything. Please note the NEW address in my profile that I have provided, which does get to me.

UPDATE: This has been resolved, thanks Woot!

Ok, I’ll have them ensure it’s the new one. I’m so sorry for the trouble with this!

Neato XV-21 only $149 @ newegg.com
You Save ~$70

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896399008&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=600263&SID=

Happy to report that my RMA has been successfully sent to me by Woot.

Looks like my ISP’s use of “.COOP” instead of “.COM” was either not compatible with some form that was filled out (it happens), or perhaps human error inserting “.COM” out of habit. A change of email address has removed this problem.

I have purchased many items from Woot over the years, including refurbs, and they have ALL turned out well.

My beef this time is with NEATO that apparently did NOT do a complete check of the unit before declaring it “refurbished.”

I knew there was trouble when I found a dirty Q-Tip from the previous owner in the unit and it would not function from the very start.

Please read carefully the 1-2-3 star reviews on the mothership AND the 4-5 stars views with later amended regrets.

Consider a Square Trade policy but note they do NOT cover DOA units as that is considered a “pre-existing” condition and you will have to get a RMA from Woot as your only choice of action other than getting another (and, in some cases, another and another) Neato bot.

I think the current state of household robots is still in the “Commodore 64” stage for consumers.

My thanks to the Woot staff for their help in this return.

In my case, the problem was a simple ISP error. My ISP is a GREAT CO-OP with fiber-optic DSL where other rural towns still have dialups.

But they chose “.COOP” as an email extension. Some forms and services reject that as an error.

When I changed my email to one with “.COM” all was well and I got my RMA. I have removed or corrected info on Woot service to reflect this fact. It was the least I could do after complaining!

Please note I have done my best to edit/amend earlier posts to reflect that non-receipt was an ISP problem and NOT a Woot error! Thanks!

I did notice that. :slight_smile: Either way, I apologize for the hassle and I’m glad you’re finally in possession of said RMA. Happy Saturday!

What S/he said

This is a deal where “one bad apple wants to spoil the whole bunch”. I’ve owned a Roomba and have now had a Neato Pro (basically the same as the XV-21) for over 2 years. Bought from woot. The only thing I’ve have had to do is replace the battery once so far. Mind you, this little thing is scheduled to clean 1200 sq ft + every single day of the year. This thing Works - whereas the Roomba bounces around like a mindless Ping-Pong ball. I am and have been sold - and I tell everyone thinking of getting a robot vacuum to please get the Neato. The misses and I even named ours “Geeves”…yeah I know right. But this little thing just start working every day and never complains. We own 2 dogs and this thing is a God Send. My two cents alright

Guess I was lucky. Our Neato cleans the bedroom floor daily. Easily gets under all the furniture. Helps get the dog hair and dust which helps prevents our allergies from acting up. We call her Nora and she is very reliable’.

Your tagline should have “Robots: Get them before they become self-aware.”

Own the XV21 bought from Woot a year ago, does a solid job of keeping the hardwood and rugs free of visible dirt and crumbs between the weekly maid visits. Takes about 90 mins to clean 1200 Sqft (has to go charge itself about half-way done). Will chew through your macbook powercords (does fine with thicker cords).

Mine works great. Can get stuck in a few places that are easily managed by a shifting a few things around, plus it self learns to avoid.

Yep I’m with this guy. I love my neatos and encourage everyone looking into robot vacuums to consider the neato. My roomba was worthless and found its way to the dumpster.

Amazingly enough the refurbs are $20 cheaper from the mothership and come with full A-Z warranty.