Rock Hollow Chardonnay Six-Pack

Well done with the three offering week call. It’s exciting for this week to have elements of both types of offerings, where all the varietals are available, but you can still get a half case without having to purchase a case of two other varietals you don’t really want. Great low pricing, fast shipping…this is perhaps the best all-around week in recent memory.

Aargh, why did I not order, why did I not order?

Oh yea, b/c my wootlegger aka Fiancee said that anything even looking like a box of wine would be cast out into the street. :frowning: I begged for a pass, “Just this once I swear it,” but no, I was denied. She said something about there being 36 bottles of wine in a 28 bottle wine fridge, another twelve to fifteen on top of the fridge, and eight or ten bottles rolling around the bottom of her refrigerator. To which I said, “is that all?” Which, I’ll admit, probably wasn’t the smartest question at that point, but I thought I had ordered more wine than that. Well turns out I had, as she made extremely clear. It appears, if you want to believe her side of the story, which you might since I don’t really have a side to this story. Anyway, it appears that what had previously been a cute and comfortable, albeit small living room, now resembles something like death by cardboard. Apparently the wine boxes, as of yet unpacked, have taken control of her apartment, and refuse to cede control of the couches, floors, tables, and chairs. My sweet fiancee, already caretaker to my substantial amounts of fishing tackle and fishing tackle paraphernalia, in her 600sq FT apartment, has now reached maximum capacity and needs me to come dig her out. I told her I would, as soon as I get back in town, should be in about three woots, er, I mean weeks.

Uh, I dont know, Id say the Wellington Week was probably the best week, even though kick myself for missing out on the Syrah Cuvee. I propose an all Wellington week, 3 bottles, 3 varietals. Do it and watch my visa burst into flames

I got mine on Monday, haven’t tried it yet. Sadly I’m on the end of the UPS route, and it was a 85+ degree day, and when I cracked the box open the bottles were definitely warm, so likely they’re somewhat cooked in transit.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Hope I still can enjoy them at a similar level.

Shipping wine is such a crapshoot, especially spring/summer. I wish there was a way of avoiding that in transit.

Point taken. Didn’t get in on the first Wellington, but I’m really excited about the Cuvee R since I’ve been hearing such good things. I only got 2 bottles, had a friend pitch in on the third, but I’m sorely tempted to try one and buy the last bottle back!

Given that there hasn’t been a 3 Wellington week to date, however, this surely ranks up there for me because I know I could afford any of these three woots. I couldn’t afford that first Wellington, which made me sad.

Let me guess (drum-roll and trumpet fanfare) . . . Friday, we shall see . . . Merlot!

Despite having just bought the Cab, I have to go for this one. Of the three, this one went over the best with my little family. I took a bottle over to my daughter’s place (she had us over for dinner for the first time) and, despite the fact that she spent the last year in France, she and my wife both quite liked it. Very clean, straight-forward, un-oaky.

This is great! Two offerings in one week that don’t ship to New Jersey!! Can’t wait til Friday!

I’ve got 50 in the fridge, and about 60 in the pantry. My wife keeps telling me we’re running low…

DAMN I LIVE IN ARIZONA. Cant order wine. BOO

You know, it could be the much anticipated woot launch of the Rock Hollow Petite Sirah.

That would be nice.

Well, I thought it was a very fine bottle of wine. There was a time when it was possible to drink California wines almost this good (e.g. BV, Inglenook and Martini cabernets and quite a number of Zinfandels, all from good years) on a regular basis for $1.50 a bottle. While there wasn’t that much fine wine being made, the demand wasn’t there either. There was literally no need to drink anything less, even on a student’s budget.

Went in for the 6-bottle trail mix of this the first time. Chard was probably my fav of the 3. Plus, I’ve read some great recipes for “white sangria” this week. The only problem is the math:
28-bottle cooler, currently at about 24.

• 6 RH Cabs ordered yesterday.
  • 6 RH Chards today? Hmmm…

Edit: is woot acting funny for anyone else today? Having a helluva time getting on the site.

Yes. Welcome to Woot.NotAllThere.com.

Is anyone else having trouble ordering? I know the system is slow but could it be blocking an order?

So I see some folks have reviewed. Just how much oak is in this? Tempted, but don’t want yet another over-oaked Chard.

and I’m kicking myself for not getting 3 sets. Arg.

but I’ll be happy to save a bottle for the OH meet up.

It’s not nice to tease me like that.

A few months ago, I purchased a six pack which contained 2 bottles of this Chardonnay. Do what you want, but this was some of the worst Chard ever ever had. I tried everything, decanted it, chilled it, drank it at room temp, used different glasses, and it was horrible every which way. I even tried it for cooking and it ruined the food. I don’t care if it was available at 100 bottles for a penny, I wouldn’t waste my money on it.

That seems to be what everyone has thought. It’s a shame too cause I’ve been waiting for a large amount of whites to pop up. Looks like my Woot $$ for this week is going to the local wine store to get some whites. : (