Rockford Fosgate Woot CD/MP3 Car Stereo

Welcome to the Rockford Fosgate Woot CD/MP3 Car Stereo topic page for Thursday, April 21st. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Thanks! If I get one, will it say WOOT on the dial :lol:

http://www.dealtaker.com - $750 off $1500 is back at Dell on Laptops & Desktops(free LCD & More!)

What did you get in your BOC? Or are we allowed to divulge the Bag’s secret?
Sweet Woot tonight. Too bad I don’t need.it.

Wow, looks like a cool toy! No factory warranty though. The blue buttons make it look a lot nicer than the RFX9220.

Wootie!

w00t!!

hellooo woot 8)

if i was skilled enough to get that working with steering wheel mounted controls maybe we’d have a deal…

check out www.freeo.org - recent news - the paypal killer to be released on june 1st? 25 bucks free just to join it!
cant argue with that

Already got the Rockford Fosgate 20gb mp3 player

This doesnt store any mp3s??? is there an option for a hard disk?

Whiners List

roybotnik - 1
gwdmpausc - 1
pacobell - 1
mac daddy - 1
Total - 4

Cool…now it is just the car one… I guess they have been reading these posts :slight_smile:

Best Price on Froogle is… Um… dunno… this is a woot special :slight_smile: But the 9220 is around $190

www.whatsyourdeal.com … Great Deals, coupon codes and freebies.

Perception Digital PD-1000 1.5GB Mp3 Player $69

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2443

Entempo Spirit 20 20GB MP3 Player $99

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2291

item description: Rockford Fosgate

item description: Rockford FosgateRockford Fosgate Woot CD/MP3 Car Stereo
Tonight We’re Gonna Rockford Tonight
$99.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Rockford Fosgate put their near-mutant-level expertise into designing this unit for a major customer, only to have said customer back out at the last minute. Hard cheese for Rockford, but bully for you: now you can take home this CD/MP3 car stereo for a pittance. And we won’t burden you with extraneous clutter like accessories, an owners manual, or a case for the faceplate*

Yes, it plays regular old CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs. But this thing is positively hungry for MP3-encoded discs – and it must be sated. Buddha be praised: now you can pack the collected works of Mike and the Mechanics, Johnny Hates Jazz, and Richard Marx onto one thin slice of shiny plastic, and feel their power in full Rockford fidelity. Basically, that little nylon CD wallet in your passenger seat just got, like, twenty times more spacious.

The MP3 file management system is a work of transcendent beauty, allowing you to organize your tunes by genre, artist, album, etc. And get a load of the snazzy readout on that detachable faceplate! Clearly, Rockford’s magic gnomes labored over this masterpiece with the same tender, loving craftsmanship that they devote to their better-known amps and speakers. Don’t let their love go to waste.

Features:
CD and MP3 Playback
Motorized Detachable Faceplate
Plays CD-R and CD-RW Discs
File Management System Displays MP3 Disc Directory Structure
(easily navigate through your 200 song mp3 discs)
Multi-Color, Dot Matrix LCD Display
Unique Blue Button Illumination
Source Tone Memory
Station and Disc Titling
Loudness Control
12 FM / 6 AM Presets
Rotary Encoder Knob
Cell Phone Mute
Copper-Plated Chassis
Specifications:
Operating Voltage +10.8V – +16.0V DC
Standby Current 5mA Max
Dynamic Power Rating 40 watts x 4 at 4 Ohms load
RMS continuous power per channel: 13 watts x 4 (4 Ohms), 17 watts x 4 (2 Ohms)
Frequency Response 20-20,000Hz with less than 0.5% Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
Speaker Impedance 2 Ohms to 8 Ohms
Equalization Bass: ±10dB @ 60Hz
Treble: ±8dB @ 15kHz
FM Tuner
Tuning Range 87.5 ~ 107.9MHz (200kHz spacing)
Frequency Response 30Hz – 12kHz
Usable Sensitivity 10dB (S/N 30dB)
IF Rejection 90dB
Image Rejection 50dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 60dB
Distortion < 0.5%
Channel Separation = 25dB @ 1kHz
Suppression 35dB
AM Tuner
Tuning Range 530 ~ 1710kHz (10kHz spacing)
Sensitivity 20dBf max @ 10dB sensitivity
-6dB Bandwidth 5kHz min – 12kHz max
CD Player
Compatible Discs 5” or 3”
Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz (±3dB)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio >90dB
Distortion <0.5%
Channel Separation 86dB
Dynamic Range 100dB
Overall Dimensions (with trim-ring)
Height: 2-9/32” (58mm)
Width: 7-13/32” (188mm)
Depth: 7-1/4” (183.7mm)
Nosepiece Dimensions (without trim-ring)
Height: 1-27/32” (46.5mm)
Width: 6-3/4” (171.5mm)
Depth: 13/16” (20.2mm)
Weight (Mass) 3.13lbs (1.42kg)

• As noted, this “straight from the tech lab” unit (which is unique to this single Woot sale) does not include a manual, a carrying case for the faceplate, or a fancy retail box which you might expect to receive with certain Rockford head units bought retail. The nifty motorized faceplate (which slides down to load a CD) normally detaches as a theft deterant but is attached with a temporary screw that can be removed before installation. This unit appears visibly similar to the RFX9220 but with cool blue button lighting - if needed, the 9220 manual can be used for some similar references. (we’ll post a link in the community)

Condition: New, Brown Box. Warranty on this unit is supported by Woot’s normal return policy only (30 days). As a condition of this offer there is no direct manufacturer warranty.

Yeah yeah! 1st page! Anyways, if it was a HD MP3 player, I would totaly pick one up… but its not… so Im passin it like gas.

Froogle $191 to $255. Consistent good reviews.

Looks nice. I want it

better than the cassette walkman i got in my bag o crap

does this have RCA Preouts?

[quote user=“Jones Photography”]What did you get in your BOC? Or are we allowed to divulge the Bag’s secret?
Sweet Woot tonight. Too bad I don’t need.it.[/quote]

Gotta go to the BOC forum. Lots of info there.

This again? Meh, back to writing my English paper and the drudgery of the mundane ¬_¬