Rockwell 12V 3RILL 3-in-1 Driver

Needed a basic/cheap drill at another property and after going thru several Harbor Freight $25 throw aways I decided to pick this exact deal up last time Woot had it.

It’s a quality package and the tool is very versatile. I had a nice hex kit already so it was perfect for me. For drill bits I bought a $10 chuck adapter from the mother ship.

The above was just an impact driver and the 3rill is an impact driver, screwdriver, and drill in one.

Yes, Ebay is refurb

In for one - almost bought one at garage sale last weekend but pulled up at the last second. My current cheapo drill battery finally bit the dust and this was perfect timing.

Where are people buying the drill chuck from? I’ve seen $10/$20 on here and found one for $30 on Ebay. Thanks for letting me know.

Kenny here from Rockwell Tools. You can get the Keyless Chuck on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Rockwell-RW9275-Keyless-Chuck-Accessory/dp/B005BTM5JY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400678390&sr=8-1&keywords=rockwell+keyless+chuck

I ordered this the last time it was on here and I love it. I needed a new cordless drill and I have so many hex bits from a Craftsmen quick change bit set that this worked perfect. I have used it several times already. Call me a handy lady ;).

The only thing I don’t like is the switch on top to switch modes is hard to move. Heck even my dad had trouble moving it. It seems to be on there to tight or something.

Thanks, Kenny!

I got it last time too. I used it for hours recently hanging blinds, and it worked great with one battery. Still plenty of charge after we were done.

I bought this same drill for my dad last year for Christmas, we put on the roof of our barn with it(2x6 tongue & groove)

We did have to charge the battery, but we got as much use out of it as charging. This drill probably wasn’t MADE for a job like that but it had the power and battery life to last us in 30 minute increments of VERY hard work.(The charge took about 30 minutes, while we switched to our larger drill with a 24v battery, that lasted about the same amount of time.)

I would definitely suggest this drill to any DIYer.

Correct, although they do have an add-on adapter available with a standard keyless chuck: https://www.rockwelltools.com/en-US/3jaw_keyless_chuck.aspx.
(Just an example; probably can find it cheaper elsewhere)

I got one of these on closeout last month at Costco for a few bucks cheaper, and I highly recommend it as a screw and nut driver. It’s really hefty and sturdy, and the batteries seem to go on forever - I’m still on the initial charge of the 2nd battery.

The Costco one came with lifetime battery replacements, which is what really sold me on it. Are these also subject to the lifetime battery replacement program?

Also, isn’t the Rockwell warranty 3 years, not 2?

That may be a defect in yours - mine solidly indents into place, but it isn’t very difficult to switch between modes.

I was very tempted. Mentioned the deal to neighbor (whom I am always borrowing his DEWALT driver from) and he commented that “12 volt batteries are garbage!”

So now I am hesitant-even though the video is impressing me.

Bottom line… since Woot! was taken over by Amazon… the deals suck… day in and day out.

He is wrong, unless you are doing heavy work this driver will do all you need. Since you’re borrowing his I assume its just home repairs? This is perfect for you. Larger batteries provide more power for those using them for heavy jobs like a contractor would. Many people hear contractors say something like this and try to apply the attitude to themselves. It’s not wrong, it’s just more than most need and isn’t economical. Buy this driver, you’ll love it.

I bought the impact only version of this tool from woot. I’ve used it to build two sets of cabinets, lay flooring in the attic, and build a small storage shed in the back yard.

Why are you even here?

Does this driver have the LED light as shown in the ‘unboxing’ video clip?

that’s a nice, helpful feature to have.

How long does it take for item to ship out? My status says “Shipping Now” for last four days.

Items usually take 3-5 business days to ship, then once shipped, delivery can generally be expected in 5-8 business days, unless you choose expedited shipping (if available).

If you haven’t received tracking yet, you can always try the ‘Track by Reference’ feature on FedEx or UPS’ websites. Just use your order number as the Reference ID. Hope that helps, at least a little!

Yes. Thank-you. Using my order number, I did a FedEx “track by reference” and got the real tracking number. It’s already “on the truck out for delivery” for next business day (Tuesday). No complaints about that!

However, isn’t it odd that Woot.com is still not updated to show that it shipped? Especially since it actually shipped within 24 hours of the order.