Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice

Solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) over at amazon

**Item: **Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice)

Does anybody know about parts/accessory interchangeability with this tool? For example, do the Harbor Freight blades fit on this item?

There is a Rockwell specific attachment hole (like a circle with a bunch of little indentations) and they also give you a universal adapter which allows many other brands of blades to fit. You just have to check if the Harbor freight blades work with the universal attachment. They probably do.

I have one of these and I have used it more than a lot of the other tools on the shelf in my garage. It’s very good for fine cutting and sanding jobs, and it has plenty of power. It’s a solid, hefty tool. No worries about this thing burning out or overloading.

I advise getting the 48 piece kit. The little attachments are pretty expensive if you buy them individually at the hardware store. It’s well worth it to spend the extra $15.

This tool is well made, quite useful for specific jobs, and does things that your other cutting or sanding tools won’t. I highly recommend it.

Lowes in Delaware sells this as just an 8 piece kit for $60, so this is a darn good deal for either kit - espeically when you see how much the individual attachment tools cost.

Rockwell apparently makes several flavors of this tool, but what interests me is if anyone has an opinion about this particular model as far as durability. Of the many different Sonicrafters I can find online, the “Shop Series” appears to be the only one where the head (where the gearing is located) is a single plastic unit combined with the body/handle (where the motor is located). All the other Rockwells appear to use a 2-piece design that has a metal head bolted to the handle.

While this is a good price for this kit, I am hoping that this design is as durable as the 2-piece units appear to be.

BTW - there are a great number of Sonicrafter compatible blades and accessories for reasonable prices on FleaBay.

I’m looking for additional reviews on this model as well. Compared to the other models sold on woot in the past, how does this hold up? Should I wait for another woot to come along?

Keep in mind that Rockwell tools today are not the Rockwell tools you had in the old days. These are made in China by a new Rockwell company that’s unrelated to the old Rockwell. Pretty tricky eh?

**Item: **Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Rockwell SoniCrafter Kit - Your Choice)

It’s a sadly common trick. Same goes for most Craftsman stuff, Schwinn and Mongoose bikes, Pyrex, and others.

??

?

They revived an old name - just like DeWalt.

The 48 piece kit was sold out when I placed an order. Abracadabra, now it is not sold out. Is this a new way to maximize shipping fees? (Old all day for $5 would have been no problem.)

I received my 48-piece kit today and I am very pleased with my purchase. I must admit that this tool is larger than it appears in the pictures. However, only time will tell if this style has the same durability/longevity as the other models of SoniCrafters where the head is metal bolted to a plastic handle versus this all-plastic head and body incorporated into a single unit. Since I am only a hobbyist I don’t expect it to see all that much use so we will see how it lasts.

An amusing aspect of the 48-piece kit is that I presumed that the larger assortment of blades and attachments would come as a kit, perhaps in a plastic box so they could all be kept together. When it arrived, however, each extra blade was packaged individually in a hard plastic package like you would expect to see hanging up in the tool aisle. For all the world it appears that someone raided the local big box home improvement store to make up this kit.

Since the price for each individual extra blade, etc. can be pretty steep in the store (and all of the ones included were genuine Rockwell), the few extra dollars for the larger kit was very, very well worth it.

WHO all has got their kits they ordered… Mine JUST arrived TODAY… it took 5-6 days to get to me, and the jest of it is , i live less than 2 miles from the WOOT warehouse/office/building… But that is NOT my complaint… My gripe is i PAID for and ORDERED a 48 piece kit (i had to double check that i did indeed order that one…) Well what i got in the mail was the 16pc. KIT… Ive already sent a message to woot with my displeasure, and from what i have read in past, im hoping i get some kind of answer as they dont have a contact #, if no resolution, then i guess i need to contact my CC company… I have spent a crapload this past month on this site… First time i feel screwed on here personally.

Anyone else get shortchanged? did it get resolved, what do i need to do from here?

i had to reword this as woot makes up their own dumb sentences, and nothing made sense… i guess because of the #$%%#^@%#^@Y words i used!! leave my complaints alone WOOT!

I’m sorry for the mix-up, but emailing Woot Member Services was your best course of action. I emailed them as well, just to be sure this gets resolved. I know it sucks, but we never do things like this on purpose. Thanks for being patient while we get things sorted out. :frowning:

im sure nothing was done on purpose, and if you see my account. Ive went on a buying binge from woot in the past month. Anything from knives to a iron, and everything in between. Enough stuff, my wife was contemplating divorce after 21 yrs. of marriage, as she thinks im turning HOARDER now. Im actually still waiting on things to come in the mail… But this has been the first order messed up, nothing else has been a issue so far… I just hate the fact (as im sure others do), that we dont have any option of actual contact via a phone # for customer service…

Its a real SHAME i had to file i complaint with the Better Business Bureau in hopes i get a resolution to this… And to think before this, i had been a loyal cutomer, and referred woot to many a person…