Rokinon Infra-Vue Light Enhancing 7X50 Binoculars

Stick to chemistry! UV WILL pass through glass quite nicely, unless the glass is treated to add resistance.

Remember, just because it’s said with conviction, doesn’t mean it’s true. A quick google search for “UV Resitant Glass” will clarify this issue pretty quickly… Sure, just because it’s on the internet and has a huge industry built around the issue doesn’t mean it’s true either, but odds are…

Quite a few reviews at Overstock.com. In a nutshell, these are not the high tech night vision binoculars famous for military use. They are just ordinary binoculars that due to their design have good viewing capability in low light conditions. Should be very good for birding. The “list price” I saw was $200 so even if they sold for $100, they weren’t junk. Some very reputable places sold them.

http://reviews.overstock.com/9876/2185875/reviews.htm

yeah 7xs aren’t real powerful. I am thinking the low-lighting thing is more what you are paying for. These are peeping tom binoculars. Night work, but realatively up close.

Real strong binoculars usually have some sort of stablization don’t they?

for low light and night, the objective lens is what matters. to “gather” more light. these are 50 mm, which seems descent. they will definitely be much better then those tiny ones woot offered before. if you go larger then 50 mm, you’re entering pretty bulky and heavy world which is hard without mount or tripod.

Will check back in the morning. If they are still available then maybe I’ll try them.

I would love to know who would pay $200 or even $100 for these. I have a TON of crap I would be glad to unload on them .

Sure, but who who wants to remove the heat when peeping on their neighbors? Defeats the purpose no?

And if you ever are actually feeling any HEAT when looking thru binoculars… look away. No, RUN away!

Seriously: Any reason except buzz word marketing to great unwashed masses?

Less seriously: Do these nifty RnD Infra-Red filters actually keep me from seeing infrared citizens (ala “peril sensitive sunglasses”), or does the filter merely prevent infrared clearance citizens from using them unless they make their mutant power roll?

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Binoculars Handy! Trust The Woot. The Woot is Your Friend.

And you thought you were weird.

I have a very expensive 10X for birding. They are hard to hold steady.

if you really need to see at night, you need couple hundred bucks
to get something like this:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2919/78741796wa1.jpg

and a backpack with a car battery.

I have a very expensive 12 gauge for birding, very easy to hold steady!

How big is the difference between these and the 10x25 offered a couple months ago?

Does your crap come in bags ???

That can be arranged…for a little extra I’ll even put a ribbon on it

Maybe one for fun?

I’ll take three craps please, and one bag.

i bet next woot off starts that way

I can’t stop laughing at Topwop’s birding comment. And hopefully he doesn’t go birding with Cheney.

An infrared filter is an insteresting concept.
Filter = blocking some frequency of a signal (like a filter that goes over a white light to make it red would block out all of the light coming through that’s not in the red spectrum). Why would you want to block infrared in the dark? There’s not really a point to blocking it??
I think it’s trying to trick you. Night vision relies attenuating the infrard spectrum to allow one to see (i.e. turning energy that we usually can’t see into visable energy). Some night vision gear emits infrared waves to let you see more at a closer range w/o disturbing anything, but that doesn’t help you at any reasonable distance. But filtering (or blocking) infrared waves would do nothing to help one see!

Bah…Only neighbors worth peeping on live beyond this thing’s power. If I move a few houses over, maybe then I’ll regret not picking them up.

Oh, and uh, don’t tell my wife I said all that, mmmkay?

It is generally agreed that any level of magnification over 10X needs a tripod or stabilization of some sort. If the binoculars are very heavy or not well balanced, then you may have trouble holding them steady even at 10 degrees of magnification, as I do.

That being said, there is no indication that these binoculars have any diopter adjustment, which usually is a good clue that they are inferior. I need a cheap pair to keep in my car and these looked like a good deal for me, but not without the diopter adjustment.

It is generally agreed that YOU have difficulty holding your binnies steady. My 12 year old nephew has no problem glassing for game for extended periods of time. It seems that you have pretty much talked yourself out of these crappy optics and that is good.