Roku Express.

Hey guys! I received my Roku Express the other day. I just got finished connecting it to my tv. Now I realize that Woot is a clearinghouse for Amazon and understand that the products could be open box or refurbished. All the labels were pealed off and the batteries were missing. Here was the issue, the Roku that I received still had the previous owners account informed on it. If it was refurbished, shouldn’t it have been reset back to factory default? This should be a reminder to everyone that returns items to Amazon, make sure you reset the device back to the factory default before you send it back so no one gets your information.

Very concerning as many of the Roku Express deals have been listed as “New” condition. Can you link to the specific sale page?

I’m very sorry. I looked up your order and it definitely should have been new. Looks like a return slipped in there. Please reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.