Roku Streaming Stick - 2 Pack

So the model number doesn’t show up in the specs at all, but the video in the description indicates this is a 3600 series model.

According to the wikipedia entry (Roku - Wikipedia) this model is two generations old now, and does not support AC wireless. It does, however, support Netflix profiles.

Like others have mentioned, the remote batteries last a long time for me, I can’t remember the last time I changed them in that one.

I have, however, changed the batteries in the Fire stick remote a couple times since purchasing it a year ago (not knocking the Fire stick at all; I am very happy with it).

Also, It’s a good practice to remove batteries from any toys or devices if they aren’t to be used for an extended period of time so they do not leak all over the inside.

I recently bought two of these, two weeks apart, on Amazon and paid $38 each for them. They’re the same stick according to all of the specs. I love them! Definitely buying this two pack since I have two more TV’s to outfit. I had no connection problems, my wifi hooked to them immediately, they support so many different channels it’s almost overwhelming. The picture is perfect, I have no problems with any buffering because…wifi! Really happy with them. And while I understand these were the 2016 model, they haven’t given me any trouble at all.

I prefer the Roku UI over Fire myself and some may not be interested in viewing content of questionable legality so the probably wouldn’t install Kodi just for Youtube.

Doh. I just bought 2 Roku Sticks a couple weeks ago. I have been using Roku’s for ra while now and this stick was a definite upgrade from my relatively old Roku 2 and Roku HD.

While this is a great deal on these old Roku sticks, the 2017 models are far superior than these 2016 models because of one feature - the ability to control the volume and power of the tv right on the Roku remote. In my opinion, that feature alone is with the extra $20 or so for the newest model.

Does the Roku have the ability to record and watch later (DVR)?

Nope.

I got the Roku Sidekick that controls the power and volume of my TV. For $10 at Best Buy. Works great.

These are last year’s model. I recently bought the 2017 version (3800R) and its performance is significantly better - more responsive, hardly ever any buffering delays.

Or you can use your phone. We’ve lost all but one Roku remote and no worries, the iOS app works even better

Awesome, you got a great deal on that Sideclick! Unfortunately, they are usually $25-$30. :frowning:

Same reason I can’t imagine why anyone would want either over a chromecast. If you think Kodi on a firestick is a good experience, check out the chromecast and be blown away.

I have been using a Chromecast for quite a while now and am pretty pleased with it. I’ve been trying to come up with a reason why I would want a Roku over a Chromecast.

The only upshot I can see is for people who lack a smartphone/tablet/computer, lacking any way to push content to the Chromecast. The Roku having native apps eliminates the need. Beyond that, why would one need a Roku over a Chromecast?

Oh, quick edit. Also those without the technical know-how, that may have trouble with the concept of how the Chromecast works.

It does only when built into a TV and if you plug in a flash drive for memory. I have a TCL 32 inch tv with roku built in and it can do that.

Having both a firestick and roku, I can give you 6 reasons why I rather have a Roku over a firestick. I’ll let that sit for bit so you can figure them out.

Ok, 2 Gen 4’s, 2 gen 3’s and 2 gen 2 rokus in my house. I didn’t count the gen 4 my kid just took back to college to replace his gen 2 device. Don’t even get me started on a Chromecast dongle. Yeah, had one of those too. It’s in a box somewhere.

Does this one have the earphone jack on the remote ?