Rowenta Precision Valet Garment Steamer

It is awesome, even on heavier denim!

Does it make good eggs?

Looks like Wall-E.

I snatched two of these in May; one for me and one for my mom. She reports that she uses it almost everyday and loves it. She wishes she got a garment steamer sooner. She is a pants-creaser fanatic and says that she is not pleased with the crease tool, but recognizes that it would be hard to beat a crease made with an iron.

I have never touched nor owned an iron, so I usually walk around like a crumbled mess. I was surprised at the results of using this steamer. I use it almost everyday. It works great on my wool pants or even linen pants. I also have steamed both smooth silk blouses and rough silk sweaters, both with great results. I have steamed my curtains as well as fabric furniture. I also steamed my boyfriend’s seats in his truck. I steamed our mattress and pillows. I have steamed my white tiled bathroom floor and tiled shower…both proved excellent results. I can’t say enough good things about this Rowenta steamer, other than I should have owned one sooner in my life.

I am soothed by the gentle gurgle of the water tank as I steam my worries away.

I bought this few months back on woot. It is a bad steamer. I blows steam then a rest period then does it for few secs again. It takes long time to get one garment done. Even if you still decide to do it, it does not do a good job. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS. PERIOD!

I used to steam a whole lot of garments when I worked at Hollister clothing co.

I tell you what, you can’t get wrinkles out of something faster than with a steamer. I absolutely hate ironing, this thing seems to make the chore a little more fun, not to mention it takes a lot less time and you dont have to worry about having any awkward creases, like with traditional irons,if your garment isn’t lying completely flat.

Bought one at the last woot. Love it! Takes wrinkles out of a 10x20 backdrop in no time.

I snatched this up the last time it was offered. This thing is amazing! I use it to block knitting and spun yarn. The only thing I have a complaint about is the power switch. It’s too sensitive. You barely bump it with your leg and it comes on. I wish it took a little more force. But it’s a tiny irritant and the good this thing does far outweighs any bad. Fast to heat up, fast to cool down and it’s comfortable to hold.

Oh, look, I have one more complaint, the hose doesn’t really attach to the base. It just sort of clips on, so if you pull just the least little bit too hard it’ll pop out and scald you with steam and droplets of boiling water.

Still worth it, though. The time it saves is unreal.

Woot! is collecting tax in NYC now?!! Oh man, this added a cool $7.30 to my order. Woot deals becoming far less Wootitious.

:frowning:

When did this tax thing start? Amazonian time?

I was so exited when I saw this…then I saw it wasn’t a Varment steamer, I was disappoint.

How many vacuum cleaners can Woot post in a week?
This is getting boring, bring some good/cheap tech items back, no more junk like this.

Surprised me also…kinda took the WOOT!!! right out of the deal.

I second this (and I also got it when it was offered last time). It’s also identical to the one they have at Williams Sonoma for $180 except it doesn’t have the extender pole for the drapes, but that’s not a big deal at all since i use it only for clothes…

I believe you can use the code TAXSUCKS on future purchases to have the tax credited back to you.

Friend, I think you got a bum steamer. Mine works like gangbusters!

I have one of these, got it as a wedding shower gift. It was definitely more expensive when we registered for it (maybe double the price?)

We use it all the time to steam knit shirts, my wife’s dresses and the like. I used it just this morning on the polo i’m wearing. I still iron my dress shirts though. I wouldn’t save any time by steaming them instead.

Not quite. But TAXSUCKS will get you free shipping on any order over 40.01, so in this case $7.30 becomes a mere $2.30. On some orders, you end up saving.

Woot has to charge the tax, owing to the whole NY/Amazon thing. Woot is cool.

we got one on a previous woot (or was it a sellout?) and it works well.

Note however, that it is GIANT (larger than our upright vacuum cleaner) and an SUV compared to the smaller ones you might see behind the counter at a vintage clothing store.

We bought one of these last time it was wooted and it’s been a fantastic investment. Heats up quickly, operates quietly, puts out a lot of steam. Simple to operate. Takes the wrinkles out of pants and shirts and removes creases from folded sweaters. Stores compactly if you have vertical space (such as in a closet). If you’re on the fence, do it!

If you’ve ever tried to iron a kilt you long for one of these.