Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3

a couple more of these, some random dollar store tools, and i can start my own Home Depot

Here is the product site–Rug Doctor | Rent Carpet Cleaner | Rug Cleaner | Carpet Cleaning

I don’t know about buying them though… you can rent them at Walmart. Unless you have a huge amount of carpets and very messy animals or kids, I would just rent one. I have used one and they are good though.

$399.99 at Sam’s Club (brand new) with very good reviews:

They are $599.93 (brand new) directly from the manufacturer’s website with very good reviews and a 5-Year Warranty.

http://buy.rugdoctor.com/carpet-cleaners/mighty-pro-x3.html

Here is a video of the item in action:

Finally, here is the owner’s manual:

http://buy.rugdoctor.com/media/pdfs/mighty_pro_x3_user_guide.pdf

This works great. If you need a carpet cleaner often enough to own one it is well worth the extra cost over standard vacume cleaner looking cleaners. If you only need one once or twice a year it may be better to rent one. I have tried many cleaners before because my mother kept buying different ones because others just dont have the suction and leave floors wet. She has had this one for 3 years now and is used regularly and works great.

I rented one of these once. I was not impressed one bit.

It was also surprising just how much force the brush beats the carpet. Seemed like it would be prone to damage carpet too easily.

Suction was adequate but overall it didn’t seem to do any better than the hoover version.

Their videos are the definition of over dramatization.

I just cleaned my carpets with a rented Rug Doctor. Second time to use one. I’ve always been really impressed. The suck a ton of the moisture out of the carpet. I was shocked how much dirt it pulled out, and our 3-year-old, house-with-two-giant-dogs-and-two-toddlers carpets (aside from a red sharpie stain nothing short of a fire will get up) look almost brand new.

If there was an old series of Ghostbusters (like the old Dr Who), they would have totally used this!

I’m just not sure what kind of HOME you live in where you need to buy one of these. Either you won the lottery and live in a mansion, which might make shopping on Woot unneccesary, or you have a lot of animals and/or kids that you are constantly cleaning up after. Myself, I live in an average place and rent one of these from the grocery store for $30 every few years. Why would the average Joe need to buy???

ThunderThighs, are you around tonight? I posted a picture of my nine year old son at an event at our amphitheater wearing his Woot! shirt on your Facebook page. Don’t know who runs the FB page, but it’s been over a week and Woot hasn’t seen it yet! Gotta’ show the Woot! getting out and about. :slight_smile:

(Although, one guy did respond to the picture to call me a Mormon. Okaaaaayyyy…???)

Personally, if I lived in a mansion I’d go for that whole “have somebody else come and clean” thing. :smiley:

Bought one last year from Woot. One of the best tool buys I’ve ever made. Three grandchildren, three dogs, three cats, one Rug Doctor.

If you have ever had a “professional” carpet cleaning, you know how expensive it can be. I have one of these, and after two uses it has paid for itself. It also did a much better job that the national chain that I overpaid to “clean” my carpets.

Cool. I’ll go look it up and send an email to AgingDragQueen. That’s her territory.

Sounds like a good deal to me in the long run. I just don’t want to have to deal with storing the thing.

Ok so I have a question. In the features it states

“Comes with a complete Upholstery Kit featuring the Universal Hand Tool. Powerful suction equal to the machine’s normal intake makes cleaning quick and easy. The 12’ hose attachment also lets you clean stairs, tight spaces, cars, boats and RVs”

In the picture of package contents I didn’t see anything. So I was wondering if it really was included.

We’re checking on this but it’s going to be morning before we can find out for sure. In the meantime, we’ve removed that information from the sale until we can verify it.

I LOVE my rug doctor. I have tried just about every store bought carpet cleaner I could find but I ALWAYS ended up renting a rug doctor to finish the job. I finally caved and bought one some years back and I use it all the time. No other cleaner scrubs the floor as vigorously or as deep as the rug doctor does. It’s an extremely simple and easy to use tool. Can’t recommend it enough!

Own one. Like it! Works a hell of a lot better than several Bissels I had prior to this. Just two caveats to potential buyers: 1. This unit does NOT heat water (you can use whatever temperature water you choose, but, obviously, hot water will stay but so hot, and for so long) 2. While the suction is very good, do NOT expect a close-to-dry carpet when done. (One manufacturer makes this claim, but a.) I don’t know if it’s true and b.) THIS manufacturer makes no such claim.)

Solid product, good Woot price, and GREAT shipping rate, considering the weight (and the price of gas)!

My parents bought one of these and use it quite often on their light colored carpet because of their dogs. I wish I could afford this because I have three kids.