Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Rug Doctor Mighty Pro X3
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

These clean carpets great. Cleans dog hair also, if you can keep them lying still.

woot buzzkill

I bought one of these the other day (NEW) at Costco for $349.99. It came with attachments and cleaning solution. Costco’s are regularly $399.99 on sale thru Jan. 27(?) for $50 off.

Wow… perfect timing!
If you buy one you can pretend you are driving a Zamboni just like the one on G-oo-G-le.

I was about to start the equation of how many rug doctor rentals it’d take to get my money back. Then, I remembered how overused and dirty the rentals usually are plus the pain of picking them up loading, unloading, loading, unloading… priceless.

I have actually been thinking about getting a rug doctor for the past couple of weeks. And now bam, here is one, now I just have to decide if I want a refurb or kick in another 100 bucks and get a new one

Crap, it doesn’t say if it comes with the Upholstery Kit, that’s a deal breaker for me because that is one of the reasons I would get it so I can use it for the car

You know, this could actually make carpet cleaning fun. Just imagine it is a small zamboni!

This system certainly did receive a Seal of Approval from the Carpet and Rug Institute at their Platinum Level, but it doesn’t seem to be alone in this category.

http://www.carpet-rug.org/commercial-customers/cleaning-and-maintenance/seal-of-approval-products/systems-list.cfm

I paid a service to steam clean my carpets, which was marginally effective. The guy suggested I rent a Rug Doctor.

Is that the nicest Google doodle ever or what? (or at least close)

Where in the heck would I store one of these behemoths? No thanks. I’ll rent 1x/year for 12 years.

If you are going to own a carpet cleaning machine, this is a good choice. I have this as well as a Bissell which resembles an upright vacuum cleaner. The Rug Doctor can clean twice as fast and do a better job. The water capacity is higher saving time changing water, it’s wider, and has better extraction.

Not sure if this comes with the upholstery hand tool, but that does rejuvenate automobile carpet amazingly well.

You don’t need high dollar shampoo, you can use a vinegar solution. There are many Internet recipes for home brew solutions.

I’ve owned many different carpet shampoo machines over the years and this does the best job so far. Stores easily in the closet next to the vacuum.

I absolutely have no interest in this product, but I gotta’ say I’d be in for three if I really did get swept away by a certain Doctor! Love the write-up!! (Next time work in a love story between this Wooter and the tenth doctor and you’ve got yourself a deal!)

I have rented these many s before but I don’t think I would ever buy a rug doctor.

Seeing these listed on woot all the time inspired me to buy a bissel big green carpet cleaner. It’s the same kind of big commercial carpet shampooer deal, but I’ve got to admit i’ve used it about 20 times in the last year. It’s come in real handy. If it ever breaks down I’ll need to replace it for sure. Buy something like this and rest easy, your carpets are safe.

I wonder how they get so many to refurb? You could back in to the thing in the parking lot and I bet it would still work. All I can figure is people return them after cleaning their carpets.

Does this come with the stair and upolstery tools?