Ryobi TEK4 Power Screwdriver

Amazonians don’t like this…

http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditioned-Ryobi-ZRHP53LK-TEK4-Screwdriver/dp/B004Q1V4OU

I’ve been using Ryobi tools for years with no issue. Maybe you should go get the plague.

Amazon reviews are kinda brutal.

Apparently, just the opposite.

woot off killa , gnight

Screwdriver is EXACTLY what I need. Where’d I put that vodka?

I bought a very expensive Ryobi full size drill from home depot with multiple li-ion batteries. Not only did the batteries crap out in less than a year so did the drill.

I’ll never buy a ryobi product again!

I used to like them but I don’t like the quality in the past few years.

The only “cheaper” if you can call it brand that’s worth buying is dewalt imo.

I have a Dewalt Jig, Drill, and Circular Saw I love them all.

Ryobi is like my father’s Yugo GV. My father swears by them, and some other people too. But I think it’s a piece of $h!1t. Call it what you will, but ryobi is ryobi. Don’t expect to get Milwaukee or Dewalt or Makita quality from ryobi, no matter how long you’ve used it without a problem.

We picked up a couple of sets of ryobi products for my fathers construction company like 3 or 4 years ago to keep in the trucks. Most of which of the products that haven’t taken a fall or two from a ladder are still functioning to my knowledge. I see my pop still using his though, that’s for sure. Apparently, its lighter than his Makita.

Get this, it’s fantastic!

This woot-off is exhausting, thank gosh I have all this woot-wine to go through :wink:

I’ve owned one and used it semi-frequently professionally for 6 months now. I’ve had no issues with it yet. I use it for unscrewing electronics devices (like someone above me said), taking electrical wallplate screws off, etc. these all work well on the lower torque modes. If you get into its “higher” torque modes, you can tightly screw on a server rackmount screw (with better force than your hand will give, if you do this stuff too many times a day), put screws into “some assembly required” desks and furniture that have pre-drilled holes, or, believe it or not, you can drill into some kinds of wood with a 1/16" bit etc.

This is the perfect small and handy craft/house work/electronics/light duty hand drill. The battery lasts long enough for small projects, but use common sense…if drilling into balsa wood or if you use it all day at work for electronics, you will consider a $10 secondary battery. (They are very easy to take out and pop a new one in too).

Maybe those Amazonians are trying to use this for drilling concrete, and getting high off the little motor’s magic smoke when it dies, I have no clue what their problem is.

I have one I picked up on sale at a big box home store about 18 months ago, and it has held up well. Battery won’t go “all day”, but does fine for most home projects. It’s pretty lightweight and sturdy. You can’t use it to drill self-tapping screws into the wall repeatedly, but it gets the job done on all the little honey-do projects I’ve used it on.

OMG DIE DRILL!!

Are these games supossed to give BOC or what?Ive been playing for a while and nothing but virtual BOC.

I’ve seen Canadians use these.

Mine arrived today. Most definately a refurb, beyond the usual evidence of use it has ‘RECON’ engraved into the side. I like to think that indicates mine was some sort of bada** military used piece of hardware, somehow, despite being flourescent…