S. Anderson Napa Valley Sparkling Wine Trio

To answer this question and the one from New Jersey… it took 3 weeks for the wine to get to my address in Jersey. [Ordered on 10/11, arrived approx. 11/1.]

Strongly considering ordering… great thing to bring to parties.

In for 3 units of 3.

Glad to see sparklers offered here. Hope Woot also provides a different offer composed of other sparkling wines before the end of the year. Variety is good–and I like big, toasty, hearty sparklers of which I hope to see some here soon. :slight_smile:

Hmmmm…thinking…I’ve seen some other good suggestions by Wooters about expanding the offerings on wine.woot. Why not have 3 separate offerings each week–one red, one white, one sparkling.

For that matter, you might also consider as an option a red, white, sparkling, or mixed “subscription” sampler (possibly to preview upcoming offerings which Wooters might then want to stock up on)) that would be shipped automatically once a month. People could still buy the weekly offerings of course.

Alright, I bit already. Not a HUGE sparkling fan, but with a few holiday parties coming up, I wanted to have something ‘nice’ to bring & offer.

I feel incredibly naive to ask this, but I will anyway. It using a decent wine like this (vs. the $8 Korbel) as a mixer (e.g. Mimosa, Bull Rush, etc.) akin to using an 18 yr singlemalt scotch as a mixer?

Are there any good secrets to storing opened sparkling wines? Obviously the traditional storage methods aren’t going to fly so well with product just looking to liberate trapped gasses.

I refrained from woot wine for a couple of weeks… but… this one got me on Monday. Hopefully my guests don’t down this as quick as the poizin though :wink:

These sound like they would be sweet. Can anybody confirm. I’m a brut lover myself.

Regarding: AZ, MA, NJ, IN – the truck will leave on December 8th. factor in a full week of transit- and you are looking at delivery starting December 18th. Confident this will be delivered by Christmas (barring a major blizzard somewhere in route). btw- my “significant other” can’t get enough of this wine.

Is the wine sweet or dry? I ordered a set almost instantly…hooray New Years.

Why is that just barely out of the week of kosher wine, I get invited to a Shabbat?

Should have bought it anyway. Drat.

thanks to winedavid for projected delivery dates.

regarding corrado’s question, how would we best store these for ‘longer’ periods of time, in case they don’t all get enjoyed this winter?

Is using a decent wine like this (vs. the $8 Korbel) as a mixer (e.g. Mimosa, Bull Rush, etc.) akin to using an 18 yr singlemalt scotch as a mixer?

Yes, yes it is.

Are there any good secrets to storing opened sparkling wines? Obviously the traditional storage methods aren’t going to fly so well with product just looking to liberate trapped gasses.
[/quote]

Not really a secret, but there are stopppers widely available specifically for sparkling wine. They’re OK for saving part of a bottle overnight, but not for much longer - the more air space in the bottle, the more air = inevitable oxidation. After the first day in open storage, you might as well use the leftovers for those mixed drinks.

As to long term storage, just do the same as with your other wines - keep cool, dark and quiet, and don’t let the cork dry out. I’ve had 30 yr old champagne that tasted just fine, though I’m sure it tasted differently when it was young.

Does anybody know the alcohol content of the wines this week?

Shipping States…

Rhode Island isn’t listed but it IS listed on free the graps dot org as a state that allows shipments. Also, during a trip to wine country, I was able to ship from two separate wineries to my door in RI. Wot’s uh…the deal? :slight_smile: Anyone with information explaining this would be helpful. Thank you.

As I expected, but it was worth asking. Typically when you use booze as an additive, be it a mixer, marinade/stock, or sauce base, you want to use quality ingredients that are on par with something you’d drink. There comes a point where ‘quality’ levels off to pretentiousness and you’re effectively casting pearls before swine.

Much thanks for your shipping knowledge WineDavidThirstyNine.

In for 1.

Was kind of looking forward to having some bubbly wine up, knowing that I wasn’t going to order, and the Credit Card could rest this week…well that thought lasted a whole 2 hours…in for 1
After reading that description, knew it had to be better than the Andre Champagne, that we had after every Ballon Flight… Looking forward to New Years Eve…

I’m in.

Well, I’m not real partial to the bubbly, but I guess I can give this stuff a try. Worse comes to worse, I try a bottle and give the other two as gifts…

Here is a link to the winemaker
http://www.sandersonvineyard.com/html/michelle_edwards.html
It includes bio and photo(no ring), You single guys out there might want to order some of the bubbly to go along with your proposals

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me, has Woot had any non-american wines since they launched?

I try to watch every week and can’t really remember any.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I love love love the bubbly. I drink it with almost anything. Goes especially well with pizza, and with fried foods. Cuts the grease a treat.

I’m even willing to put up with that weird pink stuff everyone seems so enamoured of these days. When I was a young 'un, pink booze was for rank amateurs, and others without sense, taste, or discernment. I hear it’s gotten better. This will be my chance to find out.