S. Anderson Sparkling Wine Quartet

Glad to see Woot offering sparkling wines.

Hope the winemaker is able to share additional information with us regarding the wine here on the Woot forum.

I’d rather spend my sparkling dollars on a good Schramsburg or Domaine and Chandon White Star or similar.

I predict this will be the lowest selling woot wine yet. Price is a little higher (though it sounds like great value) and I just don’t think many people drink sparkling wines.

While I do appreciate a good one when give a glass, it’s just not something I drink, so I’ll be passing. But eagerly awaiting next Monday. :wink:

i’m definilty glad woot is offering a nice variety of wines, and appreciate that alot. i too will pass - the fizzy stuff makes my tummy owie. although i do think these wines look really interesting.

Thanks for trying and responding! I’m buying anyway – can’t resist and I’ll just celebrate for the whole month ;-))

You guys rock!

I’m in for four bottles as my second woot. I was considering shopping around for some moderately priced bubbly, and this is probably as best of a value as I can reasonably get.

I don’t know if all of their sparkling wines are vintage, but most places charge more for a vintage bubbly than a non-vintage one. Most vintage bubbly is made only if the grapes support a fantastic sparking wine, but as this is a small place I’m not sure if that’s the case.

I ordered this early this morning, so I hope that I’m on the “early order” and get this delivered soon. For delivery purposes, I live in San Diego and the Abandon arrived here in less than a week.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

S. Anderson Sparkling Wine Quartet
$84.99+ $5 shipping
condition: Aged
product(s): 2 1998 S. Anderson Vineyard Blanc de Blancs Sparkling Wine, 2 2000 S. Anderson Blanc de Noir Sparkling Wine

We just returned from Napa last night. For our dollar, the sparkling wines found at Domaine Carneros and Domaine Chandon were fantastic. Wasn’t really a sparkling person but came home with 6 bottles anyway. Didn’t stop in here but drove past and looked at it - seemed very nice.

We paid $25 for bottles that aren’t as aged as these but were delicious when we tasted them. Wish I had more for you on these, but we passed on visiting this particular winery since we had so many to choose from. $22.50 each shipped is a fairly decent woot if you want to give it a try. It cost us $16 to ship 3 bottles home and $25 each minimum. I doubt you’ll be too disappointed, or give as a gift.

only a couple… when are the comparison sites gonna catch onto the wine craze? they’re listings could be so much fuller.

DRINK FASTER. ha ha ha. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I guess nobody else was lame enough to beat me to that.
Anyway, I’m really excited about this shipment. This will be enough bubbly for 1 birthday, 1 house-warming party, 1 for Thanksgiving, and 1 for Xmas.

Which brings up a good point… I wonder if a Woot staffer can tell us… without giving numbers which WIne Woot has been the biggest seller to date? Honestly would love to know the top 2 or 3 if thats possible. Very curious as to what people have been into.

thanks

Great woot this week…I like seeing the variety as well…although sparkling stuff isn’t my bag. But not to worry…Woot has informed me that the rest of my Foley order has been shipped. So I will get that this week instead of this one. Kinda takes the sting out of not ordering anything this week!

Thank to the folks at woot for doing a good followup …I’m telling ya folks…they do care!
I love this place!
Tunes

Got my Foley today.

Woot: I’m sure you’re on this, but you should require any wineries or resellers who are the ultimate suppliers use styrofoam in their boxes.

It’s hot everywhere, and Virginia is no exception. Heat index of 110 today, or something crazy like that. My bottles were warm, but not hot. There was no leakage and the foil spins freely on all bottles, except for one…And, that one doesn’t look like it has had the cork pop up at all, probably just a tight foil job. :wink:

Secondly, one edge of the box was smashed a little bit and one piece of styrofoam was split all the way up and dented in one spot. Clearly another box hit this one (or vice versa). The styrofoam was the only damage. The bottles were in perfect shape.

The styrofoam clearly saved the day on many levels. I hope you make it a requirement for all shipments going forward.

As of right now my Foley is sitting quietly in my 59-degree wine chiller…Can’t wait to try it!!!

PS: Had to pass on the bubbly, too…Sorry Woot. Will buy more reds when you have them. So far the choices and the resulting tastes have been excellent. :slight_smile:

Oooh Got my Foppiano at work today and when I came home a neighbor had signed for my MacRostie (yep, NJ).

I’m staring down a big bunch of wine. Got most of my DeLorimer left, but the foley is long gone.

Gonna wait and think about it…

In for 1.

Will report - 1st anniversary coming up.

I haven’t ordered yet but was thinking about it. Do Woot’s instructions mean someone over 21 must be at the residence to receive the wine, or can you pick it up later? They will not leave it at your door if you are not home, correct?

Correct, I’ve never had them ask for ID, just as long as the person looks old enough. Same thing with cigars in my state. Don’t want them kids sitting around all day drinking wine and smoking cigars.

Started looking at the Woot Wine just last week and was sad because I wasn’t 21 yet, but now I am. Looking forward for some good merlot’s and Cabernet’s. See you next Monday Woot.

1/6/2006 Wireless Optical Desktop
6/17/2006 RCA 5.1 Home Theater System

[quote user=“vaaccess”]
Got my Foley today.

Woot: I’m sure you’re on this, but you should require any wineries or resellers who are the ultimate suppliers use Styrofoam in their boxes.

It’s hot everywhere, and Virginia is no exception. Heat index of 110 today, or something crazy like that. My bottles were warm, but not hot. There was no leakage and the foil spins freely on all bottles, except for one…And, that one doesn’t look like it has had the cork pop up at all, probably just a tight foil job. :wink:

Secondly, one edge of the box was smashed a little bit and one piece of Styrofoam was split all the way up and dented in one spot. Clearly another box hit this one (or vice versa). The Styrofoam was the only damage. The bottles were in perfect shape.

The styrofoam clearly saved the day on many levels. I hope you make it a requirement for all shipments going forward.

I totally agree…as I have posted before, I think it would be very wise for woot to be sure they are aware of shipping containers and methods of each vineyard before they make their deal…And when required, make suggestions or demand a standard. …This Foley carton really is dangerous at best. The styrofoam is the answer I would think. That makes it possible to ship 12 bottles in one carton too. I bought three trios of the Foley, and received one carton of three, and waiting for the other two. Which, by the way, as I have mentioned…Woot has informed me they are on their way.
Thanks Woot…
tunes