S-J Hansen Cabernet Sauvignon (4)

What would you like to know about the vineyard sources? I am happy to ask our winemaker…:wink:

If you’re going to be able to find an excuse to visit WNY or find some common meeting place or courier in the near-enough future, you could have it shipped to me. I expect to see someone from Toledo in mid-April, if that helps.

w00ters in MD want the button.

we want button (and shipping)!

when do we want it?

NOW!

I, too, am interested in tasting notes.

Also, I know it was a different wine, but does anyone have a link to the woot discussion of the Lodi AVA cab that is being mentioned above?

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6046317&ref=cnt_odet_dsc

VERY VERY sad face…,:-(…would have liked to try it

An Alexander Valley Cab for about $15/bottle? I’m anxiously awaiting the tasting notes from the winemaker on this one!

Notes-Deep cherries, black currant, dark bittersweet chocolate, some toasted oak, leather and coffee. On the palate, you will find sweet tobacco, tart black cherry, and some black and red currant. The wine is smooth on the palate, but the tannins are very present and firm. The firm tannins and balance of fruit and acidity give this wine a long and lingering finish.

Notes- Deep cherries, black currant, dark bittersweet chocolate, some toasted oak, leather and coffee. On the palate, you will find sweet tobacco, tart black cherry, and some black and red currant. The wine is smooth on the palate, but the tannins are very present and firm. The firm tannins and balance of fruit and acidity give this wine a long and lingering finish.

Hi my name is Chris and I work at the winery. This cab is one of my favorites that we produce. it is complicated, like I like my wine. It is well balanced and if you like full bodied reds, you will enjoy this wine. As I mentioned in a previous post, I like it on its own and can drink it all day long! Pairs well with pasta and red meat dishes.

Might as well get the Wyoming license while you’re at it…I have been waiting for a while now for a decent Cab to come up…Wyoming is almost ALWAYS shippable! :frowning: Thanks!

What’s the drinking window on this cab?
5 years from vintage? 10, 15, 20? (Yes some of us do hold them for quite awhile.)

Judging by your avatar, I’d imagine you’ll be holding onto this one for at least another 20 years and 6 months, until it’s legal for you to open it!

I know, I know, but I have nothing to add about the wine. I recently got back into Sangioveses again, so I’m holding out for Vino Noceto…

Thanks Chris.

Will work on this Tunes4u!

You can drink it now:)

Chris,

Thank you for all your input. We love working with you!

Thanks for adding Wyoming Chris! Appreciate it very much…I am in!!! :smiley:

Well…I thought it said Wyoming was in…it was on the list…but it doesn’t let me buy it…:frowning:

Sorry for the confusion, I haven’t updated my avatar since 1982.