Saberlight Bolt - Personal Plasma Beam Lighter

lol no this is not a commercial grade laser. it does not even produce a laser dot. it is a plasma beam lighter per the description.

Besides the obvious of the spark being too small for anything but a cigarillo, consider the following if you are a serious aficionado; creating a plasma arc using electricity in air will ionize oxygen and nitrogen, which then re-form into reactive molecules such as ozone and nitric oxide.

The presence of these gases alone may cause issues with your cigar but also these free radicals can be damaging to mucous membranes which may permanently alter your ability to enjoy a good cigar.

Sorry friend, this one only has the 90-day warranty.

I don’t suppose this would work on a charcoal grill? You know the type, light the bag. (it is what we use when traveling on vacation)

Can this be taken on an airplane?

I doubt that they would burn down the castle that they let you live in.
They would probably be very careful while using this to light up and enjoy their meowijuana.

Those are laser pointers, like college professors have to point out stuff on their slides. This thing is a plasma torch. It uses plasma (not the same thing as a laser), to light the bong (or cigarette too, I suppose, if you’re into that sort of thing).

That’s amazing, purchased Thursday, 7/19, arrived Saturday, 7/21…never got anything that fast before, it usually takes a week before shipping.

I have to say this is the least impressive hunk of an electronic I’ve ever held in the palm of my hand. And one time I found a used n-gage at a second hand store.

The packaging is hilariously nice for this thing; nice box with a sleeve and hte product name in metallic purple, cut out padding inside, and…what’s in this tiny box? A three inch USB charge cable? Well that’s useless beyond belief, but who doesn’t have a longer one laying around? No big deal.

Then you get your hands on the product itself. It sure looks nice; I love the color and the simplicity of the cylinder shape is great, the safety switch is grooved, and when you pull it down it’s highly visible that it’s ready to go with the touch button lighting up and a glowing ring at the base.

Then you hit the button and everything goes to hell. It emits a noise that I can only define as the electronic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard; my dog snarled, my girlfriend bared her teeth, and I did that eye squint like I was trying to push out a rough far before it stopped itself. Well, that sure was unpleasant. Maybe it won’t do it after a few uses? Nope, still buzzing, sorry doggo.

Then the actual lighter itself; in the images it shows it hovering an inch or two away from any particular thing it’s lighting. Cigarettes, candles, hell even a TOBACCO USE ONLY bong. How does it stack up to the images? Well if you shove it directly against what you’re attempting to light it MIGHT get the job done in the alloted 2.5 seconds before it goes out. Peachy, so it doesn’t even do that part right. I tried lighting a candle and had to hit the button twice at least. Ever heard of a box of matches. You can get hundreds for dirt cheap and they’ll get the job done in one go if you know what you’re doing.

Now the best part of this whole fiasco is trying to return it; maybe I’m missing something, but because this isn’t ‘damaged’ or ‘defective’ (that I can tell, at least) I can’t simply start my own return, apparently, but there’s no specification for what I do need to do to start a return because the thing is a piece of junk.

Never had any troubles with woot before now, but I guess when it rains (and you make a bad purchase), it pours.

Hi there. You can do a self-return in your order details.

Or please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Sadly, out of the box, my device does not work at all. Charged it and followed all directions. No heat, no light, nothing. Sent email to customer relations and hoping for explanation and resolution.

Ditto- Right out of the box and mine doesn’t work either.

I’m very sorry. Please use the Woot Customer Service form for assistance.

Same. Mine didn’t work out of of box and self service says I can’
t return it. I sent mail.