Sabrent USB 2.0 Digital HDTV Tuner

Hey, I have Comcast Digital Cable, how would this thing talk to that? Would I still need another device on top of it? Or would this be all I need? Or am I interpreting the function of this all wrong?

I have a Pinnacle version of this and I can Say it picks up channels very well in a city setting. it also picks up a surprising amount of channels in the “country”

Find digital channels in your neighborhood:
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

Yo I 'm not a whiz from the a/v dept in high school, but I sort of suppect y’all might have to have a super de dooper 'puter from ALianware or the likes to record any signal from a FIOS type provider, (plus FIOS isn’t over the air and all to boot)

I can’t find any info on Mac/Linux support, so my guess is a depressed “no.”

Would have been in for one if it had Mac support.

I have a different brand of the same USB-stick HDTV receiver. I love it and continue to use it on a Media Center based PC hooked up to an HDTV for a monitor.

About the only thing I would recommend is to take the minimum system requirements to heart. The digital decoding is done by software instead of hardware. If you don’t have enough processing power it just cant keep up and you will get an unwatchable jumpy signal.

Any idea of 64-bit Vista compatability?

Any of these cheap digital TV sticks pushes all the DSP to your CPU. Intense calculating. The minimum P4 is actually going to be taxed pretty well. I don’t think the Atom is likely to cut it.

Can this be used with a jvc indash with a usb plug?

Here is the manufacturers site for this model: Sabrent

No clue, but I have put an HDTV show downloaded from iTunes on my netbook - an ASUS 904 HA. It stutters badly and is pretty unwatchable.

I’m still tempted though - I’d love to have this toy. Will have to research a bit.

Why does this “New” product only have a 90 day manufacturers warranty?
They must have high hopes for thier product quality.

Reviews don’t look all that good…they’re gonna have to drop the price by more than 10 bucks to get me to bite

What exactly does this do? Does it require tv service or does it pick up tv on your computer for free somehow? I don’t understand =/

Mac support! 30 bucks for an OTA qam/atsc tuner would be incredible. If this works on mac, i would love this! woo!

This would be sweet to mess with on a laptop at Starbucks. And possibly attracting the ladies. Ellen anyone?

I can’t speak much on this exact product, but the reviews on Amazon of Sabrent product in general are pretty good.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Sabrent&x=0&y=0

does it matter that my computer is amd? will this still work?

The QAM tuner will allow people who subscribe to CABLE to pick-up Digital channels that are available without a BOX. Typically this will be ONLY NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, PBS, and MyNetwork. Smaller Cable Companies like mine also have additional channels in the Clear but don’t expect any on Comcast, Time Warner and such. To use you plug in the Coax Cable and there will be some type of scan in the software to pick-up the channels in the CLEAR. So NO HBO, PPV, or PlayBoy for Free. I don’t believe FIOS will work because the channels come across fiber to the box then converted, I could be wrong on that part.

The ATSC tuner will allow you to hook up an antenna and get any Over The Air Channels in your area broadcast in Digiatl (Not always HD) This will give you the Big Networks and depending on your area Spanish Stations and Independent Stations.

Do you know if it is 64 bit compatible with Vista Home Premium?

Thanks