Saddleback Cellars - Two Pack

one of my very good friends was employed here before and I texted him to ask if this was a good deal and if the wines were worth buying at this price since I’ve never had it before…

holy price point batman … so many cabs lately, still have to crack my Laura Z and Little V … prob have to pass on this one … had a Cam Hughes cab/shiraz tonight, not too bad for $10 at costco …

Hmm. If I read the tea leaves and the statistics of who has purchased, it looks like as of this moment only 10 woots have been purchased.

This could be a slow offering.

It’s ironic. After going for 3 of the Little Vineyards, and 2 of the Chase, I’m thinking I need to hold off on this one so I can buy a Vinotemp wine cabinet. I’m looking at a 325 bottle model. Any recommendations on climate controlled cabinets?
Thanks!

what’s the model number? My friend has a 300+ bottle one and it’s real nice. I think he got it for 1.5k at the vinotemp liquidation store.

Not sure if this will help but… Coolers Thread

Thanks. I already have a GE that holds about 50 bottles. It’s full and I still have two cases at my office. Vinotemp has some scratch and dent items that look like they’ll work. I’m looking for one that I can keep inside and will actually look like a piece of furniture (filled with nectar of the gods).

My friend bought his 5 years ago, looks like a big wooden cabinet. One of the “banged up” ones from Vinotemp. approx 350 bottles. $1600.

Which GE, the Profile or the Monogram?

I’m in the same state as you, I put in an under-counter wine fridge when I remodeled my kitchen, but wine.woot has gotten the better of me.

Check craigslist if it covers where you are. For example, as I write this, there’s an ad in OC for a 325 bottle vino temp for $995. (Which I’m seriously considering. This one sounds like it might be on its last legs, but my best friend & I can repair it.)

– T

I guess it depends whether you’re a glass half-full or glass half-empty kind of guy. I was OK missing the Titus, but THIS looks great! But I cannot drop $77 on two bottles this week. So I see WD as holding out these fabulous offers and saying, “Come on … you know you want it!”

Any word on when we can expect to hear from the winemaker?

Clay… anything back from your friend?

Normally I wouldn’t hesitate, but the lack of easily discoverable reviews (i.e. google gave me a blurb or 2 that read as if written by the winery, but not a lengthy tasting write-up), and the price point combined with my indiscretions earlier in the week are making me pause on this one. As in the past … Labrats (official or not) and winemaker/winery participation in the forum could pull me in.

And if the wine itself wasn’t tempting enough, check out how good this deal is!

The 2003 is no longer available, but using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine I was able to find it priced at $50 last year. Click the link above for comparative pricing information, CT prices, and more.

That’s what I need. I blew about $2k+ on the Sub-Zero undercounter model that only holds 48 or so bottles, and I have about 300 bottles in a cool dark closet that my wife would like to reclaim.

guys arn’t you watching the TV the financial world is falling apart. How about a gem that is $12 bucks a bottle? Am I the only one hurting?

Look on: http://www.craigslist.org

If you don’t immediately find one, just keep watching and be patient. Incredible deals are out there…That’s where I got mine. :wink:

If you do go this route, be sure that you don’t get screwed… Craig’s List

Five days: five wines.

This is getting scary . . .

I’m only counting 4. Titus/Chase/Penfolds/Saddleback, but your right…damn scary.

Last Sunday is the fifth day.

Many a fat alley rat met its demise while staring point blank down the cavernous barrel of this awesome prowling machine!