SafePan Eco-Nonstick Cookware- 4 Piece Set

Box says they can be used on Electric, Ceramic, Gas, Halogen stoves. HOWEVER, the bottom has a rough, waffle-like surface, so if you are worrying about scratches, I’d at least be careful at first.

OOH! I got some of these last time around and I LOVE them… Of course I don’t cook much so I’ve been primarily just using the frying pan, but it’s the best pan I’ve Ever used. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I think I’m going to get more, just in case… I suppose I can give away the extra wok, or something.

Not sure what somebody meant by ‘not completely non-stick’. First few times I cooked with it, things just fell out smoothly (eggs etc). But I haven’t been taking care of it exactly to instructions (I’ve been using spray on oil) so it stuff doesn’t ‘fall’ out anymore but it’s certainly more non-stick than any other pan I’ve ever used.

I fixed your hyper-link for “greenpan” Green Pan

I also found this with induction cook top abilityPricey though

I want the pans, minus the sky blue buttons that if pressed in proper combination may or may not end the world while cooking eggs and bacon.

so… no teflon in these?

damn it

i could nt sleep

so I had to buy these, after reading reviews

my 2 year old has fever today

Can anyone give insight into how difficult is it to scratch these? Plastic Fork? Metal Fork?

Someone mentioned it peeling near the top. Did you hand-wash?

Side Note:
Although irregardless is a word (ish) . . . why not use regardless and save your keyboard the useless button presses.

Scratch? Watch this guy’s videos on youtube regarding Safepans. SAFEPAN SCRATCH TEST - YouTube

I bought a set last time when they were 69.99, they are well worth the money. If I had the extra I would buy another set for my mother and my daughter. Absolutely the best set of non stick pans I have ever owned. If you can afford them, you will not be sorry you bought them. Wish there was a lid for the small one though.

I too wanted a lid for the small one, but found a suitable one on eBay for $14 shipped. The lid was the second best investment I made… These pans being the first! Very nice pans!! :slight_smile:

You need a pan that is made out of an ferromagnetic material - something that has iron in it. Since these are aluminum, you may get some heating, but probably not enough to cook with.

Apparently SafePan hates the visually disabled.

Their entire website is just a series of pictures - no text.

When they say dishwasher safe, do they really mean it or is it one of these: “You can put it in the dishwasher but it may affect the life of the nonstick surface”?

Thanks.

I have an induction cook top and it works perfectly. You have to cook a little over medium to maintain a boil but they heat up in and hold the heat really well.

It’s just decoration. It fell off of one of my pans within 2 weeks. Aside from that, these are fantastic pans. I’m thinking of buying a second set.

Bought these last time around. I have a glass top oven and they work fine with it. I also use a metal spatula and have yet to scratch any of them. I used to go through Walmart pans about every year or two and these are holding up far better. I use them probably 4-6 times a week. I’ve also burned a few things in them and they still clean up super easy.

Forgot to mention the rough bottom allows you to stir in the pan without holding on to the handle to keep it from shifting around.

is anyone sure where these are made?.. korea would be great. they make excellent products. i’m worried it’s made in china which everyone knows has a murky history of reliability and quality… any updates would be greatly appreciated.

I had to look this up; I’ll spare everyone else the trouble.
28cm=11 inches
20cm=7.87 inches

Sadly, I’m currently looking for a larger frypan, else I’d be sorely tempted.

Good morning Wooters. These pans are made in Korea.

Hope you find that information helpful.

You are 100% correct. Their website says this as well. It is dishwasher safe, but they highly suggest washing them by hand. Since it is so non-stick though, cleaning is very easy. I bought this set for 69 back in January.