SainSmart Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO Router Kit

SainSmart Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO Router Kit

I picked one of these up a couple weeks ago when Woot! had them listed. It’s pretty impressive. Fair warning, you do need to familiarize yourself with G-Code (CNC programming) to get the most of this machine. There are only instructions on assembling the CNC and checking functions. Nothing on generating files and sending them to carve. Check out the SainSmart Genmitsu CNC group on Facebook for extensive resources on setting up and troubleshooting.

If you want to jump right in, watch a YouTube video on using Easel’s online controller. It was a quick and easy way to generate g-code from a simple GUI. Here is my first project, name placard for my dogs.

1 Like

Doing a bit of research this appears to be a good price. Sainsmart shows it for about $50 more. Plenty of video on that Tube site showing how to setup and use but be aware of the dimensions of the device. You aren’t going to be carving life sized bear statues unless you creatively make it in multiple pieces. I really wish I wasn’t “smarting” financially from the previous Holidays.

Received mine today, the box had been taped shut from where someone else had already cut the box opened. Looking at the contents it looks like someone else has already gone through this box.
Appears I’ve received someone else’s return and with all the parts I’m not able to tell if it’s all there or if something is missing or if something is wrong with it and thus returned.
Need to see about returning this as I’d prefer to have a new product

Oh no. It definitely should have been new. I’m very sorry. Woot customer service will help you out.

From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Thanks TT,
Found that page and wasn’t sure which selections to make as there wasn’t anything that looked like the issue that I have. The 2 options was for if it was damaged or missing parts (which I don’t know since I’m not going to attempt to put it together to find out) and the other was if the item wasn’t damaged or defective (which I don’t know) and they would charge me for the return shipping.
Found the email customer support link at the bottom of that page and sent it to them that way.
Hope that works

Damaged choice would be fine but email support@woot.com works as well. Just make sure you email from the email address on your Woot account. We need that for security.

I used the online form so hopefully that will work