SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

I got this deal back in November. This printer is a amazing. Way better than my first printrbot from 5 years ago. Only downside is there’s no autoleveling and that takes some fiddling and occasional adjustment. Assembly was straightforward and easy. Highly recommended if you’re interested in 3D printing.

2 Likes

What kind of things do you use it for? I so want one just because it’d be cool to have, but I can’t think of more than one or two things I’d do with it…

I also purchased this model (Ender-3) back in November and it’s been great. Once I figured out how important bed levelling was (extremely!) it’s been very reliable and consistent. Prints PLA and ABS just fine - no enclosure needed for ABS. I have two main uses: I print small toys to give/sell to kids at shows I attend, and I print 3d models of glass insulators my wife collects. I don’t think there is a better deal on a 3D printer around.

1 Like

I own this printer and it is a good deal, but the description oversells it a bit. It is probably the best quality printer for the price and it is a great entry level printer. But it isn’t noiseless by any stretch. Not super loud but far from noiseless too. The description was on target saying it is for tinkerers… It comes as partially assembled kit that will teach you a lot in the assembly. I don’t know if Creatlity has addressed the issue, but at the time I bought one, the Z-axis had alignment issues. Some people put everything together with no problem. I had to tinker my way through all kinds of shims and adjustments before I could get smooth movement throughout the Z-axis travel.

Also, unless they’ve done a complete rewrite of the assembly instructions, find a few YouTube videos that walk through assembly and compare their instructions. Some people show breezing through assembly as if things effortlessly come together. Others show the more common minor struggles that can be avoided with a little forewarning.

1 Like

Plenty of ideas here: