SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

Does this printer have automatic bed leveling?

This printer does not have auto bed leveling. But with a firmware mod and the right sensor and new parts you can add auto bed leveling to it.

1 Like

How is the sainsmart version different? Is this the pro version with upgraded axis rail or meanwell power supply?

Just wondering if its just a standard ender 3 sold by this company?

1 Like

looks like a standard ender 3. not the 3x or the 3 pro.

1 Like

Can this build anything useful?

If you’re asking, it’s probably not for you.

4 Likes

Do NOT buy this, buy the Ender3 PRO which has all the updates/upgrades/fixes/modifications to make the Ender3 useful. For the $30 more you can buy a brand new one from Amazon. SEarch for Ender3 PRO. All these creality printers are the old/outdated ones that can be bought elsewhere for cheaper. Horrible deals.

Seriously? this is $160 at the manufacture’s site https://www.sainsmart.com/collections/clearance-sale-2019-q2

Seriously? That’s open box with a 6 month warranty. Ours is NEW with a one-year warranty.

Oh, and good morning.

5 Likes

I followed your suggestion. The Ender 3 PRO seems to be about $255 or so. That’s considerably more than “$30 more.”

1 Like

And the 3d printing community is fairly ambivalent about the improvements between the 3, 3 pro and 3x. Most people aren’t buying the Ender 3 if they want a turnkey solution, they’re buying it because it’s easily modifiable, so sinking money into factory mods is questionable at best.

1 Like

Factory mods? The main improvement they did in the pro version is the upgraded power supply which is a huge deal because the regular one was bad. The pro will have the new one. They also have some extra features that you don’t need but the power supply is a big deal because otherwise you need to find an upgraded one that fits.

1 Like

That is regular price for an ender 3. What makes putting the sainsmart label on it different. Check Amazon you will find various labeled ender 3 being marketed. All the same model with a different name on it.

Good entry start piece. I printed a couple mods from thingivierse that help… does not autolevel bed but if you do it right, you’ll only need to readjust every few (10+)

1 Like

https://slickdeals.net/f/12972445-creality-3d-printer-sale-ender-3-pro-x-and-other-models-discounted-directly-from-manufacturer-via-aliexpress?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

March it was $160-$214. I’m not into this stuff so I really won’t comment much beyond that.

Legos are easier to build toys.

1 Like