SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

If anyone feels like they missed out and want to pick it up in the Hartford, CT area - you can have mine for $160 - assembled.

This is the second print where the plate ended up shifting - last time it was worse as the plate ended up on the ground and the printer continued to print. I have a $160 printer that uses 4 small binder clips to hold the plate in place?

My father has an Irisvision unit for his low vision, and kept knocking the goggles off the charging puck. This was the first thing I printed for it

1 Like

thats not the plate you use - that is merely for protection of the actual plate.

the plate itself heats up, and you’ll want it at least 80c for the filament to stick properly.

Glad I wasn’t alone in this. Why to they not give you enough filament to finish the demo print job?

1 Like

That is not true. Best practice is to print on the black plastic build plate or on a replacement glass plate, not on the bare Al plate. If you insist on printing on the Al plate, add a layer of Kapton tape to print on.

-PJ-

you’re adorable.

I built mine this past weekend, ran into an issue I did not find online… in order to adjust the front of the plate to be where it needed to be, the back was too high, no matter how I adjusted it. I fixed this temporarily by putting a couple of small washers beneath each of the front springs. I have ordered some of the yellow springs which I hope will be a permanent fix. After my fix, printed “the dog” with no problems.

1 Like

It really looks like you have the nozzle to close to the build plate. I find glass works the best with Elmer’s glue stick. There is a video on YouTube that has a excellent demo on leveling the Ender 3 and a link to two good files that would help level it.

I use the paper method as a guide then I hot level it (make adjustments on the fly)

3 Likes

I had a similar issue, except it was the right side of the build plate that I just could not get leveled. My issue was in building the unit. I had installed the vertical post that the z-motor and extruder attach to incorrectly. Once I flipped it around everything leveled just fine.

That’s right. Printed another 3d printer. Google CoreXY or Mostly printed 3d Printer

I assembled lately. but i still have some extra screws. not sure if Ender gave extra hardware or did i miss anything. (two T screws, pair of black Aluminium mount screws, 2 extra nozzle, some small screws)

I picked up the ender3 pro in November from Woot.

Extra nozzles, yes…
Extra screws, no.

But there is no god.

Weird response to a nearly half year old topic.