SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

Could it be pro version?

it’s from Creality site.
It says printer ship from US warehouse 3-7 days. Duty free and tax free and free shipping. They also have pro version at $219

Got mine yesterday, finished the setup today. Took an extreme (being very careful and exacting) amount of time setting it up, using the documentation and the video referenced above (which is excellent - thank you for that link). There were a couple of improvements made over the info seen on the docs and the video, including the fact that some of the connectors were already connected, it has a silicone hot end wrap rather than the cotton with the yellow Kapton tape wrap (thank goodness, as I had replaced that ultimately messy stuff with a silicone boot on my Select Mini V2), the filament holder is a newer simpler style, the extruder bowden clip needed to be installed (going to replace mine anyway), and they included 1 or more extra screws for nearly every size (thank you!). After I replace the bed springs with stiffer ones and adding the glass bed, I leveled the bed in about an hour and it’s printing really beautifully. I am running a model at 120mms and it looks every bit as nice as the Mini running at 40mms. Cura 4.2 has the Ender 3 as a standard model, but defaults to 50mms and speed is the main reason for my wanting an upgrade. Looking good so far!

One thing I noticed is that the fans are much closer to the bed than my Mini, so I needed to remove the top spring metal part of the small binder clips at each corner (they hold the glass bed in place). I assume that you should do the same with the BuildTac mat that they provide with the printer. Nothing in the instructions mentioned that, and I think the clips would be popped off by the fan housing hitting the spring metal part of the binder clip when printing close to the corners of the bed.

1 Like

What plate top did everyone get with this model most I’ve seen the black top pad says Ender 3 on it mine it is blank also 2 of the adjustment wheels were not even put on.
Thanks