SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

SainSmart x Creality Ender-3 3D Printer

I’m curious about this resume printing function. How do I print my resume with this and will it make my resume stand out more when I apply for jobs?

2 Likes

In theory if everyone is using paper resumes a 3d printed one would stick out with the extra dimensional space.

Go get that job you always wanted! Be the top of the pile by BEING the pile!

3 Likes

Except that all resumes are now electronics. Even paper resumes are scanned in. If it won’t scan, sorry charlie.

1 Like

That may explain why my last round of resumes printed in the shape of a 1ft tall ladder (to highlight my ability to climb the corporate ladder) has gone unanswered.

2 Likes

You’re right! I went and found my old resume from college and confirmed… what was once a crumbled 8.5x11 print out of a 2007 Word template full of exaggerations, power words, action verbs and a pointless graph of skills–has become a twisted amalgamation of resistors, transistors, capacitors, diodes, inductors and transformers.

ALL resumes are now electronics! All your references are belong to us, Charlie.

3 Likes

Oh. My god. How incredibly, totally, utterly dumb.

I never even thought of using the resume print function of my 3d printer (I have this very model).

So so so many people would have been spared my silly kitten figurines if I would have just used that and gotten a real job…

1 Like

Have you tried printing in Braille?

1 Like

Good luck with it. On the one off chance I had a need for resume it started to re apply the filament from the start of that layer even though there was already filament there.

I have not had the patience to try yanking out the power cord in mid print to test it again.

1 Like

Prints are, for me, a one-take.

This is a plate stand. My wife’s aunt needs 3. I don’t ask. I just print. Which is why I probably need the resume print function… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this printer really hard to put together? I mean the printer must come in many pieces… I have thought about getting one but the putting it together throws me off some. If it’s really lots to do!?

Not super difficult. I followed along here when I got mine and hadn’t had an issue.

Sure a number of steps, but nothing over the top complicated.

2 Likes

I was able to do it fairly easily, just plan a couple of dedicated hours and take your time. It’s been fun to tinker with!

I used this one (mostly).

I had never assembled something like that, it took me between 90 minutes and 2 hours to put together because I didn’t follow the video exactly and as a result, put a large section together incorrectly. After leveling the bed manually with a sheet of paper, download a bed leveling test print to help you through the fine tuning. I did two levels with the leveling test print before printing the test dog and have been getting great prints.

I really like Atomic Filament’s PLA - I didn’t even bother using the generic included filament; just ordered the good stuff right away.

1 Like