SainSmart x Creality3D CR-10 Standard 3D Printer

[Preview 1][Preview 2]

SainSmart x Creality3D CR-10 Standard 3D Printer
Price: $399.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 Business Days. (Friday, Aug 24 to Wednesday, Aug 29) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](SainSmart x Creality3D CR-10 Standard 3D Printer) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=SainSmart x Creality3D CR-10 Standard 3D Printer) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](SainSmart - Google Shopping x Creality3D CR-10 Standard 3D Printer)

Some really bad reviews on Amazon about the quality of this device. I assume it’s on Woot because of the high failure rate. Plenty of pictures of people with cracked pieces within the first few uses and some really subpar packaging on the manufacturers part. Seems they used some really cheap pieces and really shoddy soldering.

This usually means that the manufacturer offers little or no help and rely on user groups for assistance.

I own a CR-10s. Support is minimal, but the quality of the device is well beyond what you will normally find in this price range. Also, 3D printing has a steep learning curve, no matter what printer you buy. Support groups, tinkering and research are par for the course when 3D printing.

If this is truly a CR-10 (which it appears to be) and not a CR-10s, then this is being sold at exactly retail price. The CR-10 is from Creality, any other brand name instead of Creality is just a rebrand of the same model. CR-10s is usually the $599 model.

The build surface is huge, the print quality is fantastic, and it’s very well supported with mods available to enhance its performance.

Downsides of CR-10 printers include that the build surface is sometimes not totally flat, so you may need to replace the glass. This is inexpensive, Ikea and Lowes offer 12x12 mirror glass for about $10. I highly recommend upgrading this component and also purchasing a PEI sheet (Polyetherimide). This material helps your printed part adhere to the build surface so it doesn’t move around. Costs about $22 on Amazon.

Edit: Oh and another downside is that these are Chinese manufactured machines. You might be thinking “everything is made in China”, except there may be a higher rate of defects with this machine than others. Mine had an issue with the bed not heating up, I had to disassemble the power supply, disconnect and re-strip some wires, and reconnect them. When I said 3D printing involves tinkering, stuff like this isn’t unusual when buying a low priced machine like this - be prepared. I’m happy with my purchase and I’d buy it again - learning how to fix my machine taught me how it works, so I’m better at 3D printing as a result.

If you want a printer that’s ready to go without tinkering, you want a Prusa i3 (non-kit version). Be prepared to spend $900-$1000 though.

Reminds me of this movie

[youtube=ROeaIv-5jwo][/youtube]

It is currently $369.99 on Gearbest.com.

Not sure how this Woot deal with a 90 day return woot warranty for 400 bucks vs paying 420 and getting a full one year mfg warranty plus the free extra filament by simply mentioning the bonus code is a good deal at all.

What he said! I came to offer some advise, but beauwinden covered it pretty well.

This is a meh deal. This IS a creality printer rebranded. You would e better off buying a CR-10S (which has dual Z screws making it a better, more stable printer).

I have a CR-10S, a Prusa MK3 (kit), and a Prusa MK2.5 (kit, was MK2s kit). The CR-10S easily rivals the Prusa’s in print quality.

But as beauwinden stated, 3D printing is NOT READY for the main stream. DO NOT THINK you press print and expect great stuff all the time. You have to be ready to tinker and experiment. If that is your thing, you will love and hate 3D printing. Otherwise, do not fool with it.

Eh, yes and no. Under a grand, yes it is not there yet unless you’re just making low resolution knick knacks. Commercially, I use a 3d printer all the time. It’s a tens of thousands of dollars beast though that used to trip breakers before we ran it’s only line in. But I print prototypes, fixtures, anatomical models and sneak in the occasional space ship sometimes. One of the best uses I’ve found is making holders for curved or ergonomically shaped objects. Holding something with a smooth, curvy handle in a clamp or vise is troublesome. But, if you have a 3d CAD model for the object you want to hold you can subtract that shape from a block and print it out for a perfect fit. Super helpful when you need to test handheld devices after manufacturing.

At the moment, it’s like any other industrial equipment. Big name brand ones are awesome. Cheap Chinese knock offs aimed at hobbyists are a crap shoot.

Thank you for the info. I’ve been intching to get one but Im not interested in spending many hours tinkering with it to get it to work right all the time.

Even the high-end models have problems. Our Fortus 450 at work goes down all the time. We’ve easily made back the money spent on the Strasys contract with the technicians’ time, the parts they’ve had to replace, and the prints from our queue they’ve had to do for us. And we don’t do anything odd with it, we don’t even use different materials. Just ultem 9085 all the time. On the other hand, with the right Cura settings we don’t tend to have any problems with the CR-10. Don’t mention the two Formbot T-Rex machines though. They’re rage-inducing.

I have a CR-10, and I love it. I use it, and two Monoprice Maker Select Minis to run a side business printing and selling action figure accessories, and I’m able to get good results (that my customers are happy with) from all three machines.

I think a lot of people tend to think of 3d printers in kinda the wrong way- yes, there’s a learning curve, and yes, you sometimes have to fiddle a bit. However, that doesn’t mean that hobby machines are incapable of good results- it just means that if you want to get into 3d printing, you need to be prepared to learn. Think of it more like a table saw- no one (or at least very few people) think that they can just buy a table saw and magically produce beautiful carpentry. Instead, a table saw is just a tool, and one that you need to know how to use and how to maintain if you want to get good results.

3d printers are similar. My CR-10 has been a joy to use, though (as pointed out above) it did have a slight warp in the glass. I fixed that easily and cheaply with a 12x12 mirror, and it’s been great ever since.

Having said all that, though, the other posters are right in that this isn’t all that great of a deal. It’s not all that bad, either, but $400 is more or less the going rate for a CR-10.

Would someone care to share with us and tell us what you’re 3D printing?

At the moment I’m printing mini urns for my mother’s cremains on a TronXY X5S. The family will each have a mini urn to take home. I also have a Qidi Tech 1 and a Monoprice Select Mini V2. By the way, I got the TronXY on walmart.com for cheap!

fishcandy, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like the kind of thing that makes a 3D printer worthwhile.

Just looked up those Monoprice Maker Mini’s and the Delta. Those look pretty nice, and under $200?.. tempted…

Monoprice Select Mini is a great printer to get if you want to “dip your toes” into 3D printing. It’s cheap and small and it’s good-to-go right out of the box and have it setup & printing within an hour. It just has a small print volume.

Currently, I’m printing a Z axis housing and spindle carriage for my CNC router project.

Nice!