Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless Joystick

[imgleft]http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/Saitek_Cyborg_Evo_Wireless_Joystick-thumbnail.jpg[/imgleft] Sunday, October 16, 2005

This message will contain product updates, a discussion summary, and other new information. Check it often for changes.

lowest price on Foogle is $43 . This seems to be a nice deal.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?scoring=p&q=Saitek+Cyborg+Evo+Wireless+PS30&btnG=Search+Froogle

review found on the net:

I bought this joystick to replace my Saitek x45 Digital Flight Stick when I realized at a LAN party that the cords were way to long and messy on the x45. So I decided to go wireless, wireless keyboard and mouse. But I had problems finding a good wireless joystick…until I found this one. Like all the other Saitek joysticks I have owned, the Cyborg Evo Wireless is slick looking and fully customizable. And of course, it’s wireless.

Whether you’re a righty or a lefty, you can move the butt of the joystick up or down, flip it around, whatever you want to do. You can tilt the head of the joystick one way or another, and you can raise or lower the platform with buttons 2, 3, and 4. But that isn’t the end of this thing’s customizability. Like all other Saitek joysticks, this comes with their SST smart programming software. You can program one of this joystick’s 12 buttons (not including the axes or the hat) to do anything you wish…you can even macro program them!

The joystick performs quite well in gaming situations and doesn’t lag or miss a beat at all. The stick feels quite sturdy, although being mostly plastic. Saitek sure does make some sturdy plastics. The stick is able to sustain my beatings of whipping it around when flying my helicopter in Battlefield: Vietnam.

I only have one complaint about this joystick, otherwise I would have given it 5 stars. Every once and a while I get some connectivity issues if I leave the joystick alone for an extended period of time and then come back to it. Since the joystick has an auto-sleep funciton, after it goes to sleep for a long while it loses its lock on the transmitter. But pressing the connect button doesn’t solve the problem. I have to take the battery out and put it back in for it to connect. Other than that, however, a very sturdy joystick and definately worth the money, especially if you are looking to remove the clutter from your desk from all those wires.

Joystick??? Hummm looks like something interesting…

I still love using the keyboard for Unreal Tourn 2004 …

Would this help?

Nice WOOT!

Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless Joystick
$24.99+ $5 shippin

how about a sound card woot

no thanks. When will there be a Bag of Crap?

not bad for the price, but I don’t really recognize the brand name. Would rather a LogiTech or something.

now i can fly my computer!!!

Nice, don’t need on today. THanks though!

another joystick? pass on this one

I have one. I like it, but there’s no on/off switch on the one I have.

THIS JOYSTICK IS A PIECE OF CRAP. I GOT IT THE LAST TIME IT WAS ON WOOT AND IT IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE $5 FOR SHIPPING.

I would say I need to get a new joystick, but in reality I just need to stop playing video games.

no thanks how about a box of cat 5 cable with crimper and connectors

Bleh, pass!

Saturday night and I checked for this. Pretty good price if you want one. First post, FP like that is some kind of badge.

Got one last time… its a pain in the a… to get to connect to its wireless base…

not really happy w/ it… (and battery runs out fast)

ugh lame, who needs a joystick

How about a bag of crap. or some really nice home speakers.