Saitek Cyborg Graphite USB Joystick - 2 Pack

I made the mistake of getting one of these during the wootoff. No z-axis, so it’s useless for most things you’d want to use a joystick for.

Editor appears to be out of order - herein lies a retraction to prior post. No Z-axis on this one -sorry. Mine has a z-axis and 4 programmable buttons on the base, and sold for $22 in 2001. Still not a bad woot for the $$. Good quality, simple stick.
Maybe I could rig both of them up for a a$$-kickin’ Robotron setup? Nah…

Have Battlefield 2, will they be good for it? email please, i dont look back at woot posts…sorry russiangn@yahoo.com

I’ve always liked the look and the feel of the Saitek Cyborg but never got around to buying one. My Sidewinder Precision Pro more than did the job for me. But now that the game port has gone the way of the 3.5 Floppy, I needed something new. I think I can live without the Z-Axis and if I can’t I’m only out $12.

First woot, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I saw one of these on a shelf at Bestbuy for $18.

I was actually going to purchase this stick for BF2 a few weeks ago.

I’m already thinking that the second one would make a good xmas present for somebody, assuming that I don’t think up a use for it first.

Good Deal, but some people were just not meant to fly.

I have a Cyborg Evo and It may be the best Joystick I have ever owned (Of course I refuse to pay more that $50 for a game controler) These look kinda like an Evo lite no Z axes no shift buttons but if they are built with the same quality and you don’t need a Z axes It’s hard to beat $12.00. Hell for a piece of crap joystick It’s hard to beat $12.00. I am tempted to buy these even though I have absolutly no use for them. It’s just such a good deal.

Dangit, if I could use them I’d get them. Cash is tight now and I can’t just buy every cool thing that comes along…

Frankly though, its a pretty good deal. I found them on Ebay for as low as $15 a peice (spelling error results).

I’ve always wondered if I could play Mechwarrior with two joysticks-- these crazy cyborgs and their ambidexterity makes it possible.

Why buy one when you can buy two for a 3rd the price?

I use one of these, I rather like it. The adjustability is nice (particularly if you want to use it left-handed but don’t want one of those uncomfortable “dowel rod” sticks), not having a z-axis sucks sometimes but frankly I’ve never had good luck with those working properly anyway.

My only regret is that I rarely get to use it. It’s a shame there are so few joystick games these days, I miss the 90s. :confused:

fury3 was the best joystick game ever.

I bought this from BestBuy for $25 last year. Joystick works great on Battlefield Vietnam/ and BF2. I still use the mouse for flying helicopters, but I use this for flying planes.

How well would this work for Doom 3? I don’t do alot of online games or anything, but I kind of like the look of this and I love aviation games.

Umm can someone explain to me what a Z-axis is and would it effect BF2 a lot flying those jets not having z-xis?

So who’s going to sell their 2nd joystick on ebay? :slight_smile: This is my first woot :smiley:

How well would these work in head-2-head competition like football?

They would be a bit awkward to play with. I’d suggest using a football instead of pc peripherals.

A joystick? C’mon I’m in front of my computer enough as it is, and now you are tempting me to buy something to spend even more time in front of the screen.?.?

Can you woot with these???

It’s when you twist the stick cw/ccw. In flying games (BF2, etc) folks often use the z- axis for their rudder.

I had one of these a couple of years ago. It was decent, but it felt a little cheap and I didn’t like how it felt in my hand. Eveytime I’d plug it in, I was constantly having to re calibrate it.

Great deal though.