Saitek No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker 2-Pack

…and Woot continues to be the Saitek Outlet Store.

might be crapptastic, but look at it this way…

aren’t you sick of reading the same magazine on the throne anyways?

bought 2x2. I’ll be sending them to relatives in Iraq, they’ve been getting bored. Actually they might have quite a handheld game collection by the time they get back. Sent tetris and connect 4 last month.

I wooted one of these about a year ago. Great for when you are bored, like waiting for a plane at the airport.

PS…missed out on the BOC…Woot needs to get better servers with the loot they have raked in this past year.

yes

I wooted tonight on impulse. Hopefully they’re worth it. Maybe I’ll save one so that I’m not shopping on Christmas eve next year like I did two nights ago!

First off, I’d have to say that Texas Hold Em against 1 player is NOT FUN.
And I agree about the server. Must be on a 3.99 plan. Maybe they should get a decent web guru also.

Analysis and Recommendations
TOTAL_HTML - Congratulations, the total number of HTML files on this page (including the main HTML file) is 2 which most browsers can multithread. Minimizing HTTP requests is key for web site optimization.
TOTAL_OBJECTS - Warning! The total number of objects on this page is 16 - consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Combine, refine, and optimize your external objects. Replace graphic rollovers with CSS rollovers to speed display and minimize HTTP requests.
TOTAL_IMAGES - Congratulations, the total number of images on this page is 2 . Most browsers can send multiple requests, which can speed display of multiple images.
TOTAL_CSS - Warning! The total number of external CSS files on this page is 8 , consider reducing this to one or two external files. Combine, refine, and optimize your external CSS files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed CSS for high-traffic pages) on your pages.
TOTAL_SIZE - Caution. The total size of this page is 101063 bytes, which will load in over 8 seconds on a 56Kbps modem - or 21.74 seconds. Consider reducing total page size to less than 30K to achieve sub eight second response times on 56K connections. Be sure to provide feedback for pages over 30K by layering your design to display useful content within the first two seconds. Consider optimizing your site with Speed Up Your Site or contacting us about our optimization services.
TOTAL_SCRIPT - Caution. The total number of external script files on this page is 4 , consider reducing this to one or two. Combine, refine, and optimize your external script files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed scripts for high-traffic pages) on your pages.
HTML_SIZE - Caution. The total size of this HTML file is 27239 bytes, which is above 20K but below 100K. With a 10K ad and a logo this means that your page will load in over 8.6 seconds. Consider optimizing your HTML and eliminating unnecessary features. To give your users feedback, consider layering your page or using positioning to display useful content within the first two seconds.
IMAGES_SIZE - Caution. The total size of all your images is 24796 bytes, which exceeds 15K. Consider optimizing and creatively cropping your images, and combining them where appropriate. Even better, replace graphic text and form controls with styled text to eliminate unnecessary HTTP requests. Ideally each image should be less than 1160 bytes, to easily fit into one TCP-IP packet.
SCRIPT_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your external scripts is 10361 bytes, which is over 8K. Consider optimizing your scripts for size, combining them, and using compression where appropriate for any scripts placed in the HEAD of your documents.
CSS_SIZE - Warning! The total size of your external CSS is 38667 bytes, which is over 8K. Consider optimizing your CSS for size by eliminating whitespace, using shorthand notation, and combining multiple CSS files where appropriate.
MULTIM_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of all your external multimedia files is 0 bytes, which is less than 4K.

Thanks Woot - these will be Christmas gifts for my poker friends next year!! We are easily amused!!!

This is only my second order from Woot, but for the price I figured what the heck. Compared to the price of the unit(s) at other sites it appears to be a decent price.

Christmas 2005 was also a Bag of Crap. December 26th 2005 Woot offered a Saitek Mephisto Micro Chess Computer.

Sort of a pattern, don’t you think?

Poker in the rear?

I don’t even know her. :wink:

I got 3 sets of these; my parents play this game ALL the time! They’ve been sharing one, but now they can each have their own, and I can have my own, and my dog, and my other dog, and my other dog hrm. If I could get more than 3 sets I probably would. This is the first time I’ve bought a woot in a long time, awesome.

Selling on eBay $5.99 plus $7.99 shipping;
or $12.68 plus $9.99 shipping;
or $13.00 plus $8.00 shipping;
up to $27.63, not including shipping.

This is one of those items you find boxed up in your garage for 10 years and haven’t thrown away because you just might want to play it sometime… (but never do)

This is rlswim’s daughter by the way. I just thought something good would be up after the crap bag sold out in 12 minutes yesterday. We were suckered in to that- we even tried to by 2.

-Lswim

I’m sure the people that were stuck in airports this weekend could have used these too!

Seriously, as crapptastic as these are, I really think they provide more entertainment than an idiot trying to solve a rubic’s cube with all the sides the same color. Less stress?

Nice little woot. I’m in for 2 sets (4 total). One for me and the rest for gifts for friends.

Thanks woot. G’night.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once we’ve moved onto the next Woot.

Saitek No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker 2-Pack
$9.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 2 Saitek No Limit Texas Hold 'Em Poker handheld game

AT the Saitek website, they are “on sale” for $39.95 (regular $49.95)

This item is junk. It works as avertised but becomes boring about 5 minutes after you start. Only possible value would be if you were stuck in an igloo at the north pole or other similar location without any access to technology, conversation, or other forms of entertainment. Even then I think sleep would be a better alternative.

If you are crazy enough to buy this anyway then consider that local stores like Walgr__ns sell these for about $5-$8 normally and most stores have these junky items on sale for 50% off right now. Such a terrible disappointment after a disappointing woot-off and craptacularly unfair server performance during the bag’of’yulecrap. I guess if this deal were actually something worthwhile I would be suspicious and reluctant to woot anyway…

You have to have liquor up front first, then you can have poker in the rear. That’s so you can have four play. At once.
Wait…
You’re not talking about poker!
I’m telling.