Saitek P2900 Wireless First Person Shooter Gamepad

got 2 last time; couldn’t get them to configure properly…maybe it was just me

Dang it. I picked up three of the E2600s a few weeks ago, and it’s a good gamepad. Now, they’re selling the wireless one. Dang it, woot!

Rats, just got suckered on 2 Saitek 2600’s from the wootoff! I would have got these if I hadn’t bought the others…

Any thoughts? Is this a good controller? Worth the price?

This seems like a good price for a wireless game pad. Is there something wrong with these?

I also bought one of the wired ones. :frowning:

If you use this on a PC first person shooter, odds are you will suck. All console FPS games include a certain degree of auto-aiming. So the reasoning, “I’m good at FPSs on my XBOX, so if I use a USB gamepad on my PC FPS, I’ll be just as good” does not work.

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Saitek P2900 Wireless First Person Shooter Gamepad, for $7.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Saitek P2900 Wireless FPS Gamepad

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

I got the p2600’s a while ago, but from what i heard, these are worse. The only difference is that the p2900’s exchange rumble for wireless, however a lot of reviews say that the wireless is very spotty and only works at short distances and that it requires line of sight to the wireless dongle, which has no cable extender.

DANG!

I bought three of the wired ones last week for $2 less… my wife will kill me if I bought 3 more.

Well said, you really need to use a mouse and keyboard with PC FPS games. I strictly play PC FPS games and find it extremely difficult to maneuver in a console FPS without the mouse!

Can I say, buy 4 of these and run them all at the same time in a multiplayer game?

I got the wired 2600 when they had it the other week. The control is ok, a little big but the real problem is programming it. For games that support a controller, it’s good, for anything else you’ll spend hours programming the controller to do what you want. I still haven’t gotten mine working right.

The SST program that you get on the disc is the one you want to install. If you go to the website, they have the wrong program hosted.

As I said, great for games that support gamepads. Not so hot for everything else.

This is not supported. There is no “I want 4” button.

I just bought a (game-elements) pad at wal-mart yesterday for $16 it has a cord and fewer buttons. My wife would hang me as well :frowning: SOB

Happy Birthday woot!

I hope these ones are crappier than the one I bought a couple weeks ago

Just so I don’t feel so bad.

Wireless does sound awesome though, and I must admit, I haven’t found the rumble function working at all. And yes, I turned it on.

And if you are into emulators and roms, I suggest this, or at least the one they had last time. You can’t be the price and they work great for all the old SNES games =D

anyone know if this will work with a Mac? I have a game that can use a pad, and would buy 1 if i knew it would work…