Saitek P2900 Wireless First Person Shooter Gamepad

I just put Massachusetts on the map!

I found the wired ones to be decent. Though, I have the same problem as far as rumble is concerned… no idea how to make that work. It does work when I test it in the configuration, but I don’t know how to make it work in my games.

The D-pad is pretty good, for the SNES folks. While it would be nice to have some buttons in the middle for start/select, the odd 5th and 6th buttons on the right side work for that.

The mouse look is something I don’t think I’ll ever use for games, but it’s handy for controlling the cursor outside of games from the couch.

Saitek doesn’t offer Mac drivers on their site so YMMV, but I can vouch that the p2600 works on Linux, so the p2900 most likely does as well.

Yeah, thanks for the screw job woot! Should I feel upset and slightly cheated?..because I do!

This. A thousand times this. I play FPS all the time on my PC, with a mouse and keyboard, and am pretty good. But when I try to play Halo 3 with my friends (on Xbox 360), I am always the worst person in the group, rarely getting more than two kills. Its not that I suck at the game as much as I just cannot use the controls at all. Once you have mastered a mouse and keyboard, using a thumbstick is completely alien, not to mention MUCH crappier than a mouse.

But anyway, I bought a Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2 a few years ago for $40. So, this is a good price for just about ANY gamepad. The fact that its wireless is great too. However, I do not know of many PC games that support the rumble feature of ANY gamepad.

For my Rumblepad, I do not use the included software to program it. Instead, I use Joy2Mouse (Joystick 2 Mouse). It works pretty nicely. I find that these pads are better for non-FPS games. For example, something like MapleStory plays very nicely on it. Also, with Joy2Mouse, you can control the mouse with it, thus having a wireless mouse. I like to sit in my bed and use it to play movies without having to get up and mess with the computer. I can do it all from the bed wth the controller.

read these reviews on amazon

Amazon Reviews P2900

judging from the reviews of the p2600 (wired) and p2900 (wireless) the main differences are

wireless reciever requires line of sight (short range)
wireless has clickable buttons on analog sticks (ala ps2/ps3) p2600 does not
wireless lacks rumble
wireless is green

you decide but it seems like unless you are doing ps2 emulation the wired is better…

Its a good price, but the configuration looks sloppy. Honestly, I think everyone should buy the wireless USB dongle for 360 accessories, sure, its more expensive by 12 bucks, and you need to include the price of a controller, but all in all, its a great product and offers plenty of other uses, I use my wireless xbox 360 headset with it for vent and counterstrike, as well as other voice enabled games.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8474/59998593ap2.png

I’m tempted, just to be able to use it as a wireless remote control for Winamp, whilst i’m in the kitchen with a radio show on in the livingroom (assuming, of course, that it shows up like any other USB joystick, and is thus accessible to AutoHotkey.)

thanks for the link. i’m going to hook my moms laptop up with a one. so she can use it as a mouse. not this one they have for sale today though.

if your gonna photochop you gotta match the font.

I think you might have left out the “i” in “with”, and the auto-replace gave you “Wheetabix? Tally-Ho!” for double-u tee haich.

So how come, amidst all of the “Ha Ha”, “ClapClap”, “Hear Hear”, there’s one dissatisfied listener saying “My Ass” over and over again? Some guests can be so rude.

I’m a Logitech guy myself, but the price on these is unbeatable even just for one! I’m in for one. How about the rest of you?

I was thinking the same thing – but will it work?! I’ve been using my keyboard for this, but that is kinda clunky.

I prefer keyboard/mouse for FPS. I use gamepads for racing games.

Sonofa beotch I just bought the saitek controller with a cord. Damn I almost would get this one too but i don’t need it. If you don’t have one and you use a controller this one is the best!!! you can use it on ANY GAME it loads a keyboard and mouse driver to your computer so when you use it your computer just thinks it is using a mouse and keyboard the best software all controllers should have this ability. especially for this price. Get one guys all i can say. Its my favorite controller.

I bought one the last time it was on Woot! and i love it. It works great and there are pleanty of buttons. We have been looking for one for my friend and there were none with 10 buttons for under $30. Good Woot!

This one requires line of sight. In other words, it won’t work in the next room without odd contortions. Or an IR extender.

TWO PLEASE - GOOD WOOT!!!