SakéOne Momokawa Mixed - 6 Pack

750ml bottles. I’m a total sake snob, these make the cut and I was truly blown away by their quality.

I wrote about my recent tasting with SakeOne here: Blog - Wine.Woot

it would be good if the sale said but the manufacturer only has 750ml size of this sake on their website.

i only see ‘serve’ on the last bottle of sake. is this all chilled, hot, both?

$3 x 6 = $18 discount not considering shipping = about a 25% discount. Pretty good, IMO. And what makes you say it’s an “average saké”? Have you had it? Tasted a large number of sakés? Want to share some knowledge?

only chilled, always chilled, chill these babies!

One of the more interesting wine woots I’ve seen.

Thanks Woot - in for a twelve pack!

Looking forward to the single distiller single malt six pack. hint hint

That link doesn’t work, but from the text, that’s for 4 bottles? This woot is for 6.

Noticed the size after the post. Seems like they must be 750’s.

Many drink sake hot, but I find the true flavor can be best appreciated when consumed cold from the traditional cedar wooden box, a masu. Quality sake drinks like slightly sweet water and is about as close to nirvana in a beverage as I’ve found.

How is this not a good deal? Average of $10 per bottle for bottles that usually go for $12.00-$13.50. Seems to me you are getting a greater than 20% discount.

Then there is shipping. You’d pay at least $15 to have it shipped from SakeOne directly.

These are definitely better than average sake. I’ve had couple other sakeone sakes in the past and they are really good.

Oh yeah, I received a tube of polished rice in the package and don’t know what that was for. Anybody?

hiya, this was an example for you…I’ll post a photo of it tomorrow.

Thanks. I was just so confused. And I took pictures of the sakes so I’m gonna try to figure out how to post those pics later tomorrow.

I get this in Portland quite a bit. It is good quality sake with a modest woot discount. With the cost of the shipping you are saving between $3-$4 a bottle, depending where you live.

most beer geeks really enjoy a well made sake! Go for it! Pending on the bottle, you can find many similarities in Junmai and Ginjo Sakes that you like in a good micro-brew beer.

I could write a book on what to look for, I suggest you start with sake that is labeled Junmai and start with Ginjo grade levels this level often has bigger flavors.

Each sake will taste different, some more floral, stony and mineral driven, & tropical and melon flavors are typical. Serve chilled like you would a cold beer or white wine.

Until I saw your post… perhaps yes.

Clever!

No Wisconsin this time? Why aren’t we on the list? Please tell me this is some sort of typo. Very upsetting. I got this last time in '08 and was not disappointed. I was hoping to get it this time as well.

this posting guide should probably help you.

if ever visiting the portland area, the “sakery” tour is really informative and fun. They give you the full rundown and then some, and I felt like I had just graduated sake school when I walked out. I thought I heard them say they are the only sake brewery (distillery?) in the US, but I could be mistaken. I’m not sure how purists receive sake one, but I personally have no problem supporting them - they do it up right.

True, only $6 savings… until you count the $17.05 savings on shipping (at least for here in Texas; varies state-to-state). So yeah, $23 off ain’t a bad deal in my opinion.

$66.00 + $24.89 shipping to NY

$64.99 woot vs $90.89 website, not a bad deal