Salton Short Order Cook

Wow, I remember something similar to this selling on an informercial, I’d never thought I’d see it on woot outside of a wootoff… Aren’t you guys going to be embarassed that this thing wil be on your front page for 24 hours?

a dozen jumbo eggs in the 'fridge, but just can’t bring myself to torture them with this device…

to the sleeping pills i go…zzzzzzzz

I just wanna know, does it make coffee too? That good strong sludge diner type. That would be the complete deal.

:slight_smile:

hmmm…
possibly a gift… good as a wedding present

Ima gonna PASS

Got one of these for Christmas. Oh what a piece of junk. Got it from the inlaws so we have to leave it on the counter. Real waste of countertop real estate. Better now though than on a Woot Off! Come to think about it, bet we see this again.

If I were drunk and hungry this would be a no-brainer … but I’m sorry to say I’m neither right now. :frowning:

There has to be a place in heaven for us idiots who buy these things at midnight on impulse.

anyone else have an overwhelming desire to fix an omelet now?

I saw the infomercial on this thing a while back, they made little cakes and all sorts of things in it. It’s fast and easy, and certainly beats the crap out of microwave foods.

I think I’ll get one.

Joke’s on me, I just bought one.

I bought this off woot almopst a year ago. Used it about a 1/2 dozen times(my kids liked the “football” omelettes from it when teflon started flaking off(only used rubber spatulas in it no metal) and I threw it out. Not worth the $$ IMHO

Ooh, I wish woot has “instant” shipping service, so I can cook up something right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Just use your campfire or a lot (90 to be exact) of “D” batteries and you will be just fine…

hmmmm, i’d rather just use a skillet.

Got this for $5/fs after rebate from buy.com a couple of weeks ago. Not bad, but doubt i’d pay $15.

My personal experience with this particular device and every other device like it that we’ve ever purchased - it does what’s advertised and unless this is your primary cooking appliance, you’ve got a shelf sitter. That being said: Buy 3 - $35 to deal with three wedding presnets? This is almost as good as a toaster.

Speaking of which, those breadbox ones? Best toaster we’ve ever purchased - still going strong.

This is not the first time woot! has offered these. I guess they found some more in the warehouse. The omelets’ shape reminds me of an alien’s eyes, so I am too scared to get one.

Does it come with a cookbook. If not ,how will I know how to make scones, etc. with it? Is it dishwasher safe?

Teflon is poison. Yak!!!

My first Woot! Thanks Woot!

1/14 Salton Short Order Cook