Samsonite Carrying Case Alarm 2-Pack

Is this the version with the remote?

I can’t wait to use my trusty Samsonite Carrying Case Alarm (2-Pack). I’m sure terrorist will stay out.

Oh, the possibilities for mischief are endless. Your roommate’s shoes, any sleeping pet’s collar, the drawer you keep your diary in… the mind boggles.

These things aren’t locks and you don’t leave them on your luggage. They’re motion sensors that keep people from swiping your bags while you snooze in an uncomfortable chair on your 4 hour layover in New Dehli.

Exactly. They will be cut off and you will not see them on the other end.

Will these hold up to about 75lbs of good hash trying to bust out of a black leather suitcase on a 12 hour flight? I’m not asking for me, it’s for my friend.

This is not true. There are TSA approved locks. This woot does not say TSA approved. How about using this woot in this instance: If you travel alot, as I do, you often wonder if the hotel staff is rifling through your luggage when you out doing your job. Answer…scare the crap out of them if they do!

Actually, there are TSA-approved luggage locks. I got some through AAA. The TSA has a special key to open it up without cutting the lock and destroying it, and the lock has a color-coded key so you’ll know if a TSA worker has been rummaging around your dirty undies.

$1.99 on ebay

From the descriptogram: “A mere jostle will set the motion sensor off – then our friend the Zagnut pilferer will be caught nut-handed!” Huh-uh. He said “nut-handed”.

On another note, I wonder if the TSA would allow these on luggage in the airport environment, much less on carry-ons through the security checkpoint?

better to hang it on the rear-view mirror of the car.
or mebbe around a baby’s neck :smiley:

Can I use them on my girlfriend as long as we agree on a “safe” word?

Kinda were I was going. Keeping my gear secure on a job site.

Says who??? I travel all the time and have had NO problems with my TSA approved luggage locks.

good for the liquor cabinet

You guys have to get a little more creative here. How much would an alarm on your beer cooler be worth? Your stogies? Your special magazines? Use this to annoy anyone at large. Practical jokes, you bet! You could even put them on a strangers purse to act as a diversion for your shop-lifting. C’mon people think!

this could probably double as a security system for paranoid travelers. just hang it on your door knob before you go to bed. or just lock it to your friends bag without them knowing and enjoy the laughs.

I am in for 2, I used to have a laptop bag by DefCon that had a motion detector built in. Came in handy a few times

So, HOW exactly will this NOT be 100% annoying to the owner?

1. Set alarm in laptop case to prevent theft
  2. Leave
  3. Return to laptop case
  4. Set off alarm while opening case to deactivate alarm
  5. Everyone tells you to stop screwing with that stupid thing

What the hell?

Useful for me as a pro photographer. I always freak out when I place my gear bag down for even a few minutes when I’m doing a shoot in unfamiliar territory.

In for 2x2.