Samsung 11.6" Chromebook 3 16GB Notebook

My mom is not computer savvy and typically plays Suduko and emails. I’m thinking of getting her a Chromebook to simplify her life and thinking this is a decent way to go. And if she hates it, it’s not expensive.

My only reservation is that a new one, with a full year warranty (and no WA sales tax - 10%!) is $189 on the Samsung site, free shipping. BTW, $199 for the 32 GB version.

Do it.

Chromebooks are awesome in situations like this.

Do consider what the gentlemen below said in regards to purchasing a brand new one though. However, on the same note, don’t be afraid of refurbs unless they are done by a third party (someone other than the manufacturer.)

~RF

Woot acts like a bunch of despicable gang. I go to purchase this laptop, and I get a nasty message that it sold out while I was making changes to my information.

THAT’S B.S.!!! Merry Christmas! May be a long time before I purchase anything else on your website!!!

Sorry for the problem. It’s not sold out but we seem to be generating that error. I’ll ask about.

Could you try to submit your order again.

Can this run Android apps?

Does the refurbishment process include replacing the aging battery?

Yes- this chromebook can run Android apps

Well… um. That link (from November 2016) doesn’t list this model. This is a Toshiba Chromebook 3 (XE500C13)… the list on your link only lists the Toshiba Chromebook 2 (XE500C12).

But, according to Android Central from 3 days ago, this Chromebook should run Google Play apps:

So right answer, just wrong supporting link. :slight_smile:

Not sure how this got missed…:
Amazon reviews

The battery is checked and replaced if needed.

Is this machine able to surf the web, shop, Fourms, social media?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.

Re: the Android apps, they said that this one that I bought on Woot in 2014 should have too, but it never did. [SEE “John Turturro To live and die in LA prison visit…and the check is in the mail. and I love you…”] Re-Visit Woot in 2014 HP Chromebook

I would not buy any Chromebook with the idea that Android Apps are going to be a big part of the experience. They do what they do well, basic internet stuff.