Samsung 11.6" Dual-Core 16GB Chromebook

Samsung 11.6" Dual-Core 16GB Chromebook

This Chromebook is almost eight years old. It was $250 msrp when new, and underpowered even then.

Asking $110 and up for a refurbished 8 y.o. budget machine really explains how “chutzpa” earned a spot in the dictionary.

4 Likes

This is exactly my sentiment. These were crap when they were new, and now they’re crap and no longer receive software updates (by more than 2 years!)

These shouldn’t even be sold, period, let alone for this price.

3 Likes

So the Updates expired 2 years ago?
**[ChromeOS Auto-Update Expiration Date: June 2018]

1 Like

The challenge is when you have a chrome book shortage and children need them for school. People are desperate.

3 Likes

And then they find out this won’t even run many of the apps and doesn’t have the updated security necessary to access some webpages they would need. This is a horrible joke being played on unsuspecting people.

3 Likes

It is like buying a Windows 7 computer now. No security updates/ patches or supported applications. I wish Woot would stop selling such outdated hardware, if anyone is looking for a cheap laptop keep looking.

1 Like

Understood, but obsolete devices like this one, that were trash when they were new (I can vouch for this, as this exact model was my first Chromebook, that I quickly upgraded from due to the horrible performance,) are not the answer. Don’t get this for your kids.

1 Like