Samsung 12.2" FHD LTE Chromebook Plus

Please don’t assume that answers in Amazon review/Q&As are definitive or accurate. Experience has shown that’s not always the case.

As a consequence of Verizon’s 2008 win of the “C-block” spectrum from the FCC’s auction, the company committed to a policy of allowing its devices it sold to be unlocked for any carrier the devices could support.

Verizon then asked for a variance from its obligations under those existing agreements to allow for 60-day locking of devices, apparently to deter theft from the supply chain. As of about June 2019, the FCC has granted that request. As a result, if you actually go check Verizon’s carrier locking policy page, it indicates that they are using a 60-day carrier lock from the date of puchase of new devices, and those are released automatically at the expiry of that period.

However, this would appear to be moot for purposes of the instant discussion. People have been reporting throughout 2018 and 2019 that Verizon-designated Samsung LTE Chromebook Plus devices have worked immediately after unboxing, with other carrier’s SIMs.

From personal experience, I will suggest that if someone tries it with a Sprint SIM that wasn’t previously used to activate a different device, they may run into trouble. This isn’t the result of a carrier lock, but rather Sprint’s insistence on only activating devices that are pre-populated in a device database they maintain.

I hope that helps.

My order just arrived and the pen was NOT included.

Mine arrived today. The stylus was in its place in the side of the machine. The tweezers for changing the nib of the stylus were not in the package.

Using the 2 Amp charger and USB-C cable included with the machine seems to work, but causes a “low power charging” message to appear on the display that states the charger might not be sufficient to charge while the device is turned on.

For reference, my machine has a Google Fi SIM in the WWAN module and appears to be doing the right thing with it. There are some open issues in the ChromeOS bugtracker relating to entry of APNs for the WWAN functionality, so you may find you have to select some different networks before T-Mobile and the h2g2 APN will work, or may just need to powercycle once or twice after enabling the WWAN.

EDIT: Holy cow! I noticed the little birthday cake and just realized that this is the 15 anniversary of my registering on this site. Time flies when you’re having fun. Fruit flies like a banana.

Hi there. Could you check in the stylus port on the side of the machine as @pa28pilot noted above. It could also be in a plain box under the computer.

If you still don’t find it, reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

I am new to chrome book and wondering about the WWAN but found Find the type of wireless card installed on your Chromebook !
Also, any hints on activating or signing up for service? (I found How to get your Chromebook online from anywhere without killing your mobile data cap | PCWorld)
My stylus was packed along with the charger but I also did not get any tweezers but I do not see that is a problem!
I notice I am unable to activate WWAN and the Network controller is only Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 59) and nothing about Google Fi SIM? Do I need to return this or what?
OH, I see there is NOTHING in my SIM card slot?

Nice machine, but the wrong charger came with it. The specs say it comes with a 30W charger; this one is only putting out 10W. No wonder I’m getting a low power error message! This looks like a phone charger?

1 Like

I’m sorry about the charger. Please reach out to Woot Customer Service for some options.

From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

So did anyone else NOT get the SIM Wwan card? And I too did NOT get the 30W charger! I have emailed Woot Customer Service!!

Hi there. The SIM card is not included. You’ll need to provide your own SIM and data plan.

So pa28pilot installed his own Google Fi Sim: “For reference, my machine has a Google Fi SIM in the WWAN module and appears to be doing the right thing with it.” ?
OK: I see 'Verizon 4G LTE (SIM Card & Data Plan Required, NOT included)"
Confusing as this is stated about the Verizon 4G LTE WWAN:
" In the box:

• Samsung XE525QBB-K01US 12.2" Chromebook Plus, Full-HD Convertible Touchscreen, Verizon 4G LTE WWAN, Intel 3965Y Dual-Core, 32GB eMMC, 4GB DDR3, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, ChromeOS - Stealth Silver"

It’s made for verizon. SIM & Data plan are not included.

Got mine today. Popped T-Mobile SIM in, restarted, and works great. These aren’t locked; VZW doesn’t lock their devices anymore.

Mine came with pen and looks brand new, but also came with a Samsung cell phone charger rather than a 30W charger needed to charge it. Thankfully, I have others laying around.

About the charger

We’ve talked with our vendor. The chargers you have are original new Samsung fast chargers. While not 30W, they will work to charge your Chromebook. You may see a message because the Chromebook is not designed for fast charge and it’s not the original charger.

Plug it in and leave it for about 10 minutes and you’ll see that it’s charging the Chromebook.

If you have further questions, reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

The charging cord that came with mine doesn’t work either, for some reason. It doesn’t make a good contact or the phone doesn’t recognize it or something. No biggie, I have other chargers. Just backing up what others have said.

With respect to chargers, if you can source us a part number for the original charger, it would be appreciated.

I’m beginning to think that there’s a fault in the charging circuit of mine. When I plug in any charger I have, and I have USB-C chargers ranging from 1W - 65W - 130W, I see the same “low power charging” message.