Samsung 14.2MP Ultra Slim Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom

Unfortunately bought one of these right before my trip to Italy this summer when my main camera started acting up. Wanted something pocketable and did HD video (720p only guys). While we were there, looked like the photos turned out great on the screen but…Got home and plugged the memory card into my computer and was I surprised. Most shots were blurry or dark or both. Even when touching things up on shots I wanted, it looked like crap. The only nice thing that came out were the videos. We had some great video of inside St Peters and other places around Rome. Wish the stills looked like the video.

I had a Samsung camera back when 5 MP was the height of style. It was an awesome camera until one day it just stopped working.

This is damn tempting.

Hey Woot!

The specifications are totally borked!

In your title and writeup, you say that it has a 14.4MP sensor and 5x optical zoom. Your features list says 12.2MP sensor and 4x optical zoom.

Somebody wake up Mortimer!

i need one but how can i bought it

Agreed. I see a review that says it’s a Mono microphone too. Woot’s gone blind and needs a new set of specs!

Anyone know how much manual control there is on this camera? Any shutter priority, Av or manual? Flash expoure control? Bracketing / easy acess exp compensation?

I have this camera. It is not 1080p, only 720p. Also it ONLY takes MicroSD. It’s not really woot’s fault. Samsung’s own site description is off. The tech specs are more accurate than the narrative description.
Edit: The TL110 is also 5x optical and 14MP. I think the lower specs are from the TL105.

No shutter priority, but you can set exposure, ISO and white balance to your personal specifications (or choose from a bunch of presets for white balance), and there are three options for light metering.

ah, ok and thank you.
it does also have slow sync, which helps, but i do like proper control options.

May I suggest that for those truly interested, see if you can find the ‘manual.pdf’ - We can only hope that the specs in the manual would be correct, but if I followed the comments correctly - the correct model number hasn’t been established, yet. Best o’ luck folks.

a.

Why does it say Arrives by Christmas but then states it usually ships w/i 5 days? Which is it?

Can anyone check and see if this will arive before christmas?

Woot has answered this. If they say it will arrive by XMAS, they mean it. The references to “within 5 days” on the receipt page and in the emails are the result of inflexible programming, and you can ignore them.

It will reach you before Xmas, barring unforeseeable circumstances such as roadway accident, sudden amnesia, terrorist attack, locust attack, flying monkey attack, hives, laughing sickness, crying sickness, diverticulitis, sudden amnesia, acute hirsutism, sudden amnesia, or whooping cough. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

edit: okay - Woot didn’t write that last paragraph - I did, when I was feeling rather silly, which is my usual state.

Probably as a result of too much wine :sunglasses:

Here’s the link to the manuals from Samsung website http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/EC-TL110ZBPSUS

Yes, it takes a MicroSD card, see page 17. Storage - Media
·Internal memory : About 27MB flash memory
· External Memory (Optional) :
microSDTM card (up to 4 GB guaranteed

From Page 27: “You can record HD (High Defi nition) movie clips. (1280X720HQ, 30 fps)
H.264(MPEG4.AVC) is a standard for the digital video codec.
It supports a high quality movie clip in a small file size.”

Can’t find anywhere in the manual whether the audio is stereo or mono.

From Specifications Page 97:
Image Sensor - Type : 1/2.3" CCD

• Effective Pixel : Approx. 14.2 Mega-pixel
  • Total Pixel : Approx. 14.48 Mega-pixel

wooohooo the reference tracking number was active, love you woot! or sellout.woot

Shipping Update

Samsung 14.2MP Ultra Slim Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom has completely shipped via FEDEX 2 Day. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Hey, Woot… I didn’t receive a CD with my camera. Anyone else? The box just came with the quick start guide, which directs the user to the manual. I don’t need the instructions but was interested in the software.

Sorry you didn’t get the CD with your camera. You can contact Samsung to ask for the missing CD.

In the meantime, I found a link to the MANUALS. Hope this helps.

I just got this on the 24th and it stopped working after 6 photos. I can recharged it etc but when i click the power button on, it just refuses to power up…

Darn! Just got this last night for Christmas, and the video playback is messed up. Just a loud buzzing sound over the actual audio… :frowning:

Google doesn’t seem to have an issue with this when searching. Anyone hear of any problems.

I will be returning this to woot for another one (hopefully!)

Best,
Bill

www.BillLeVasseur.com