Samsung 14” Core i5 Aluminum Laptop with WiMax, WiDi, HD LED Display and Edge-to-Edge Glass

That’s what shOMG, WHAT IS THAT BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!?! IT’S GETTING CLOSER! IS THIS THE RA… oh…never mind, it was just a car in the alley with its high beams on.

The processor has 2 cores in case anyone was wondering. I mention this because the specs don’t say, and i5’s can be either 2 or 4 cores.

Before everyone starts yelling about the 5400RPM Hard Drive, the RPM is not the only thing that you use to tell the story on how fast the drive is. Platter size, seek times, cache, etc. all play a role. Many larger 5400RPM drives are faster than smaller 7200RPM drives. Without knowing exactly which model HD is in this laptop, it is not possible to look up benchmarks, but I seriously doubt this drive is ‘super slow’ as every seems to shout when they see 5400Rpm.

I love 14" laptops. I find them the perfect balance of size and weight, right in between a netbook and full sized laptop.

I had to Google it too:

Intel Wireless Display

Maybe god isn’t on central time? I’ve set my Dash alarms to go off 5 minutes before every hour just in case… :wink:

OH yeah, I forgot about the display, so , yeah I’m a little jelly like a Knotts Berry Farm gift basket… good deal fo sho

End of the world? That’s easy!
It’s in 5 billion years when the sun runs out of hydrogen.

I have a 2 yr old Samsung lappy that is still going strong, best I’ve ever owned. My next one will be this brand…and I am tempted.

I can’t believe that they didn’t have an End of days BOC… Sad. Not thst we would have ever gotten it because of the whole world ending thing…

Hello??? Jesus??? Are you there??? Did you forget me???
I’m still here! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

A note of caution: The touchpad on this doesn’t have physical buttons. The area where buttons usually would be is just more touchpad, and when you tap there it performs a click.

There are a lot of discontinued laptops with this type of pad floating around for great prices, notably the HP ProBook 4 series, because people don’t like this “feature”. If you’re used to resting your fingers on your touchpad buttons, you may be frustrated when that activates touch gestures or mouse drags.

Just a heads-up.

The battery on this model is not user replaceable

Well, the world didn’t end, but by the looks of it, I turned into a short, stout, wrinkly dude!

she said that?

I’m sure a lot of people likes 14 in, and it used to be the norm, I’m just very used to have at least 15.4 in. Just personal preference.

LOL

Well, I heard that whatever you happen to be touching at 6:00 pm. gets raptured too. So, if you hug your shiny new laptop really tight it goes with you.

I’ve setup a few of these and they work pretty well. You’ll need one of these to get it to work with your TV (unless your TV is one of the very few that has a built in WIDI receiver).

I got this laptop new for Christmas. Very happy with it overall. The only gripe I have is with the touchpad. It’s very finicky and its placement means my left palm touches it frequently and tends to move the cursor while typing. It’s best to disable it and get an external mouse. I get typically about 4-5 hours of battery life with no video playing, but about 2-3 hours of steady youtubing before it starts yelling at me to charge it.