Samsung 14” Core i5 Aluminum Laptop with WiMax, WiDi, HD LED Display and Edge-to-Edge Glass

Bought one from Best Buy,
Then saw this on the last WOOT OFF and bought one then.

I now have two and quit possible will buy another one.

Girlfriend’s computer died and she wanted an iPad so I got one for her birthday. Didn’t realize that to get it up and running the first thing you have to do is sync it with your computer… doh! So I offered to trade her my laptop for the iPad but she thinks the laptop is too heavy (6 lbs).

So I started looking at netbooks but she wants something with a DVD player so now I’m back to laptops. Sheesh!

The point of all this? The description for this laptop says “5.07 lbs with standard battery”. So… what are these non-standard batteries and do they weigh more or less than standard batteries? Frustrated minds want to know.

Wow…big difference…is that a trustworthy site to buy from?

Is that site legit? That low price makes me question.

If it has edge-to-edge glass, how come there’s a big black border thing around the screen?

Hope I get something like this in my baggy of carrots :wink:

To answer my own question: no it’s not

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&p=42793878

It’s covered in glass

As someone who has industry exp…every system I ever purchase for myself or friends/family is refurb with max 1 yr warranty. the majority of refurbs are returned for incorrect order issues and were never even used…once shipped they can no longer be sold as new. With how quickly technology advances paying extra for warranty on a 500 system is not something I’d do. Plus you can always extend the warranty with the mfg at a later date.

Awesome! Thanks. I questioned it too.

Amazon reviewers seem to like it see http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-QX410-J01-14in-Notebook-Aluminum/product-reviews/B004B57XTG/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
Including a positive review from a fellow wooter!
Cons: Reviews don’t seem to like the tracpad
Battery not user replaceable
No installation disks