Samsung 14” Core i5 Aluminum Laptop with WiMax, WiDi, HD LED Display and Edge-to-Edge Glass

Can’t woot-off, playing MW3…

Good information. I’m tempted to try Samsung but I have a new tablet. I can’t buy 2 computers in a month. Rather, I won’t buy 2 in a month. Then again, the other was for my sweet wife. :slight_smile:

Played with this when I was deciding between this one and the asus U46E. Asus won out mostly because I couldn’t get used to the integrated click buttons on the touchpad. Otherwise, the display is excellent as is the sound quality. (sound quality was the one place asus lost out against this one)

That’s your loss. You might miss the early BOC.

I’m the one owning your ass on XBox live

I just read a review on CNet (I think it was)… basically its a seven hour battery but gets about 3.5 hours in actual use. The screen is highly reflective and there are some users complaining about the touchpad being really bad. It’s supposed to be well built overall and pretty fast for the price. It has no Bluetooth I believe. I was seriously considering it until I realized the battery life was so poor. I really can’t do less than five hours of actual use on any machine.

Edit: Oh, and the speakers (below the screen) are apparently pretty decent and can get loud enough for games/movies. It’s not a bad deal overall if the screen size and battery is good enough for you.

Yeah when I noticed it was after midnight and before the next deathmatch started is about when I noticed it was a wootoff. :wink:

If you’re bored, theres a kids and wine woot off.

This is very valuable information. Thanks for your input :slight_smile:

Gotta admit that Razer mouse + pad for $40 bucks was a very good deal. Went fast too!

Anyone waiting on any item in particular?

mainly the tech stuff…

Razer Carcharias headset, missed it so many times! fingers crossed it comes up soon, im exhausted

Oh a wine woot!! That’s very bad for a person who loves vino. A home woot off would be just as bad…

Should also add that the batteries are made to handle 1,000 charges.

For what it’s worth, I usually get about 4 and a half hours out of it. This is usually through some combination of web browsing, running bit-torrent programs, checking email, and watching a little bit of 720p video with the screen brightness on low.

EDIT: I should also add that the battery is not user replaceable (unless you feel like taking the laptop apart but even then, replacement batteries aren’t as cheap or a readily available as most laptops). That’s my only real problem with this laptop. I’ve had the laptop for almost 6 months and the battery is still going strong though.

I am with you on that one! Been waiting for a head set for awhile now.

Otherwise might just nab the Turtle Beach x12, which is only like $50… still once you go razer its hard to go with anything else.

Picture fail.

It’s not that the melting pumpkin doesn’t constitute merit, and a definite pile o’ kudos to the person who did something clever with the oddly shaped, normally-rejected-like-Charlie-Brown’s-Christmas-tree squash.

But seeing the water-induced results makes me wonder what someone did to this computer in the first place, to make it a “refurbished” model. Is the picture indicative of previous water damage? I doubt it, but it is where my brain went.

Just a thought, Woot. Hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Albert Fricken Einstein over heeeeeere

For God’s sake…someome buy these so we can move on!