Samsung 15.3” Quad-Core i7 Laptop with WiDi, WiMAX, Blu-ray & HD LED Display

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Samsung 15.3" Quad-Core i7 Laptop with WiDi, WiMAX, Blu-ray & HD LED Display
$599.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Awesome laptop, but $600 for a Woot! item? Oouuuuuch.

Not bad. But I won’t buy a Laptop without a 1080p screen anymore :frowning:

“WiDi?”

“BecauseDi!”

Neowin review:

I trust neowin enough, though I didn’t see a c|net review dedicated to this machine.

With is widi?

widi good, narrowdi better

Intel Wireless Display

It’s for streaming to a TV or monitor wirelessly, basically. The TV needs to be equipped for it or there needs to be an adapter plugged into the TV which supports it (theoretically. I’m not sure if any have been produced).

Pretty sure this is my computer I bought from Woot a bit back for freaking 750 bucks. Fantastic computer and runs games really really well. Plays Crysis on high flawlessly.

Wirless HDMI

After reading the story on the bird watching lad, I think his bird of fancy is the yellow breasted mattress thumper.

Instead of the normal links, I profer a Best Buy one. Appears it was $1200 new there earlier this year. Generally very positive reviews, although 2 complaints about bloatware (one from someone who doesn’t sound all that computer savvy, so YMMV).

good for gaming?

“d” is next to “f” on the key board? Like in Typo.

I bought this laptop a while back when it was $50 more. I would again. I’m on it now, in fact!

Plays Star Trek Online at highest settings.
Plays DC Universe Online at highest settings.
Even plays SW:TOR on medium-high settings. (Beta…)

I love this computer, it’s the fastest I’ve ever owned and well worth the cash.

i don’t understand why Samsung does not put Bluetooth in these?

They have been around for at least a year. Here is one: http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Push2TV-Adapter-Wireless-PTV1000/dp/B0033WWAF0

I don’t understand - the title says HD LED display, but then the specs say a crappy 1300x768 resolution, without LED…

For the price point, it’s pretty solid. The earlier-referenced Neowin review notes that it can play Battlefield 3 at not-optimal settings, as it were.