Samsung 15.3” Quad-Core i7 Laptop with WiDi, WiMAX, Blu-ray & HD LED Display

I bought this laptop about a month ago for $650. Best Laptop I have ever owned. It plays Sims 3 with everything on high with hardly any lag.

Starts up super fast not even counting the Samsung fast boot, which I now cannot live without(think hibernate, but instant like 3 seconds instant)

does not really get hot. Screen resolution sucks a bit at 720p but connect it to a high res monitor and it is beautiful.

Also great price I dare you to find an i7 laptop with 1GB dedicated Video and 6GB DDR3 and almost a 1 TB of HD space for cheaper.

Oh also it does not come with a recovery disk only recovery partition and as for bloatware not that much some samsung tools. One for updating and one for backing up and a few misc ones. Comes with microsoft office 2010 office starter which gets the job done but has ads.

So, that’s not bad and does a good job of making this a compelling purchase. It would make for a solid HTPC given the specs.

This thing run Skyrim?

I recently purchased a Dell 15R for my wife and an Asus mid-range from Best Buy for my brother. Neither of them had BT built-in either…

$650 on Amazon. 3 positive reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-RC512-S02-i7-2630QM-Blu-ray-Notebook/product-reviews/B005ODOIRE/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

CPU Benchmarks

Used. Read the sale.

Here’s a nice pair of boobies for anyone’s wholesome son to … categorize.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/24/129061935733183244.jpg

I have this laptop and I hate it…it’s going to the technology junkyard (AKA my father) in a few months.

The disk eject is exactly where you’d reach to pick up this laptop. As such, everytime I pick up my laptop with my right hand, I inadvertently push the ejection button. This is a stupid issue, as the button should be an ‘innnie’ but it’s an ‘outie’. The result is, after only 5 months of use, the plastic covering the blu-ray player has broken off. I have the Best Buy warranty so I don’t care, but you might.

Oh, and the keys aren’t backlit, so while typing this I had to tilt the screen to see the letters.

Bought this when it was on two woots ago…worked great for about a month and then started shutting off randomly and getting BSOD’s. Tried everything I could to get it working again to no avail.

Samsung did not have great customer service. First time I called they said I’d hear back within 3 business days - never happened. Called again and they directed me to their outsourced repair center. I was never able to get in contact with anyone and they didn’t return my message. After going through this I talked to Woot and they agreed to a refund considering they didn’t have any in stock.

The laptop was great when it worked and I really wish I still had it. I had no complaints whatsoever, and I paid $150 more for it. Jump on this deal if you are considering it, just be prepared to deal with some crap if it starts messing up.

I bought the 14 inch samsung with an i5 and a gt510m video card and it’s great. Didn’t play games well enough for me so I sold it to a friend, but the quality of samsung laptops that I’ve seen is very nice. It’s been a couple months and still solid, so don’t be (too) scared of the refurb title.

First thing you need to do when you get it though, is update the drivers, and delete all the stupid dvd programs and other junk on it.

Is there any way to get a longer warranty with this? Also, how’s Samsung’s reliability with refurbished machines? After some bad experiences with my Dell laptop video card I don’t trust anyone anymore, especially refurbs…

nitpick much?

Uhh, no. my shit is broken. That’s not nitpicking.

For those interested in using this for gaming check out NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M - NotebookCheck.net Tech. Basically it should run almost anything on at least medium settings. Also the chiclet keyboard and numpad are big plusses for gaming although the display resolution is not ideal…

Found this review helpful. Had another laptop years ago that did this. Wasn’t too long before the player stopped working right. Thanks for the heads up. I’m out on this one.

bought this laptop a few months ago,
lack of Blue-tooth, win7 HOME PREMIUM, weight are the drawbacks.
My refurb laptop had a small nick on the corner, and the bottom assembly was slightly loose, nothing a screw driver and elbow grease couldn’t take care of.
running smoothly, ran crysis, starcarft, as well as solid works without issues.

They are talking about how well it handles hd video playback and web browser simultaneously. It is an insult to i7 with dedicated media processing engine on top of the cores. Even a 2 core arm with neon vdsp extensions will do hd video and web browsing without any problem.

FYI: it has USB 3.0 which newest usb feature that nowadays they have HDD with 3.0 which can transfer date really fast !! i think this is good computer for it price. !!!

Previous Woot on Oct. 4, 2011 for More Info on this Samsung i7 Laptop