Samsung 200 Watt, 4.1CH, Bluetooth Sound System

Can this sound system only be used with a Samsung TV? See the asterisk below.
TV Sound Connect
Enjoy a clutter-free home entertainment system. TV SoundConnect lets you instantly enjoy movies, music, and TV shows with clearer, more impactful sound.*
*On compatible 2013, 2014 and 2015 Samsung TVs. Thanks for your help with this. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

Would it connect to Amazon Alexa?

Why is it a 4.1 channel? I have never heard of that before. Everyone knows the center channel is the most important in a home theater setup! Why would they add rear channels but skip the center channel?

Seriously this would be an awesome deal if it wasn’t for the center speaker missing. Having wireless rear speakers… Maybe that’s the reason these are being sold on woot, nobody wants them.

Given the front channels are combined in the bar with not much separation, I doubt it’s an issue.

How are the rear speakers powered? Batteries? Or else they’re not technically wireless.

Per the vendor: The asterisk refers to the ‘TV Sound Connect’ feature. The soundbar can be used with any brand of TV.

Per the vendor: Nope.

Sorry!

I saw somewhere else on the internet that they’re technically wired to the subwoofer, which wirelessly connects to the sound bar. Certainly a creative interpretation of “wireless.”

“What a surprise to find that, while the woofer was wireless, the surround speakers are traditional wired ones. After considerable time spent waiting for customer support (I made it all the way to Level 2!), the technician explained to me that the rear speakers WERE wirelss, but that meant the sound was send to the amplifier wirelessly, but from there the sound signal required wires to get to the speakers.”

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-JM37-Wireless-Audio-Soundbar/dp/B0153UN5IA

Is the number a typo? is HW-J37 correct, or is it HW-J370?

Is the number a typo? is HW-J37 correct, or is it HW-J370?

What makes you think it’s a typo? I was able to find that model number on Amazon without issue.

No to Alexa.