Samsung 27" Curved FHD LED Monitor

Samsung 27" Curved FHD LED Monitor

I just purchased this exact monitor from another source for $10 more than here two weeks ago. Wish I could have waited, but I needed it when I needed it. Both my original (which was a 590 Series) and the replacement I just got were refurbished, and both looked and worked like new. The only difference between my original and my new one is the earlier 590 series had two HDMI ports whereas this model only has one - but not a deal breaker because I never used the second port anyway.

These have a very thin bezel which helps save space, and the screen is bright and clear and crisp. The single button control on the back in the lower right corner can be a little confusing, but once you get things set up the way you like them you never really have to go back to it. The curved screen is an interesting concept that I find helps reduces background glare, while the 27" size I find to be an excellent size without being dominating or too large to comfortably scan around searching for whatever I’m looking for on the screen. My only gripe is I had to adjust some menu bars, borders and fonts to larger sizes to fill more of the areas they were in, but this was a Windows 10 issue and not a monitor issue.

Overall, I can easily recommend this monitor - especially at this price.

2 Likes

Bought one of these Samsung monitors from Woot a few years ago. It would switch off randomly. Sent it back to get fixed and it was returned in a different box and did not work any better. Neither Samsung nor Woot would take it back.

1 Like

Does it have a camera?

I don’t see a camera listed in the specs.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

I’m looking into this monitor (or as close to it as can be) right now. The model of mine is the C27F390.

I really like the curve where I didn’t think I would. You get used to it and the larger size over a 24" real quick and sad when you have to go back.

The only thing I do not like is the resolution. This monitor is still 1920 x 1080. What that means is everything is just larger. You don’t have any extra real estate so you wouldn’t benefit from having additional windows open. If I had it to do again, I’d go with a screen with a greater resolution.

You might be one of those individuals where you need things larger (that’s what she said) and this would really help you out. But, I’m not there yet; I’m a programmer and need additional real estate to have multiple windows.

I still love and recommend this monitor and this price is great. I paid $149 for a new one at Wally last year but I believe they were clearing their inventory out.

-cheers-

1 Like