Samsung 27" Full-HD Wide Angle Monitor

Ooh. Please be 1920x1200 and not 1920x1080…

click

Crap.

Product Page

Solid reviews (4 out of 5 eggs) over at NewEgg.com and very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com

This.

I’m not the only one who longs for 1920x1200? I’M NOT ALONE IN THE WORLD!!!

No built-in audio, which I discovered when mine arrived after I bought one the last time Woot offered this monitor. So add $15 for cheap speakers if you don’t have some already.

Get $100-150 studio monitor speakers. You’ll thank me later. Best move I ever did for my computer. Especially if you’re a music lover. Or you like a more immersive experience while gaming.

As someone who just went from using a 24" monitor to a 27" monitor — both 1920 x 1080 — at work, I can safely proclaim: do not buy this monitor. The other specs might be incredible, but a 1080p 27" monitor is like a great sandwich made out of wet bread.

When I was buying my own monitor last year, I did a lot of reading and found so many people advising to stay away from 1920x1080 27" monitors. I’m glad I listened because now that I am actually using one, I am distracted by how bad they look. Remember how you’d roll your eyes at your dad who used 800 x 600 on that new monitor you bought him? Well, unless you sit five or six feet back from this thing, you will become your dad. Immediately.

All I can say is if you are getting a 27" monitor, make sure it is at least 1440p. Meanwhile, I keep asking my IT guy where my 24" monitor went and he just looks at me meanly until I go away.

Same.

Though, I’ve moved on to QHD 2560x1440 for the 27" Size. Have one now and it’s stunning (same as the Apple Cinema Display). Want one for work now and waiting for a decent one to drop on woot.

No DVI port? That can’t be dead yet!

In the year of our lord 2015 manufacturers are still producing panels that aren’t VESA mounting compatible?

Go on Ebay and grab a 27" monitor from South Korea that is 2560x1440 for 300-350 bucks… Way better resolution and they last just as long, i happen to have two at home that i use for my computer. One is 3 years old the other is only 1 year old and they both work like a boss.

Here’s a refurb for $209
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Refurbished-ACHIEVA-SHIMIAN-QH270-27-LED-2560x1440-QHD-S-IPS-PC-Monitor-/141482855003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f1090a5b Seller has sold 432 of these and has 99.4% rating. Good catch checking Ebay. 1920x1080 really should not go past a 24" monitor and that’s even stretching it. My Samsung 24" is 1920x1200. After seeing this, I need to find a new home for my 24" monitor.

I don’t know. I think this is very much user based. I have this monitor and the image is perfectly fine for me. I play games and other stuff like anyone else but I am not much of a pixel whore so I can’'t really tell the difference. I got this monitor brand new for $230 at Costco. The cheapest 1440p 27" I found was $375. Big difference for some. Again, if you like to nitpick or get hung up on slight issues, pay the extra. Otherwise, the image is fine.

I like that! Now I know what I am …I’m a total pixel whore. I will do just about anything or anyone for a few more densely packed pixels. You put those dense pixels on an IPS panel and I’ll really get hot.

Well… alrighty then. Thanks for sharing. :meh:

Just like I always say, it’s not just about the size- it’s also about how dense you can pack your pixels.

I have a Samsung 27" 1920x 1080 monitor I picked up used for 100 bucks and I love it! Dunno where the hate for 27" panels comes from.

For $100, even a pixel whore like me could overlook 1920x1080 on a 27 inch screen. I might feel a little dirty doing it, but we all change our standards when it comes to money.